1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think we can win a championship with Adelmans philosophy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hball, Nov 4, 2010.

?

Do you think we can win a championship with Adelmans philosophy?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. No

76 vote(s)
    66.1%
  1. Hball

Hball Member

I still think Rockets will get it together and make the playoffs but I don't think will ever be championship caliber under Adelman, you need a top 10 player or multiple all-star players and a defensive minded team to really be a threat, yet Adelman's philosophy is the exact opposite 5 offensive minded role players that fit the princeton offense that can't defend.

Same scenario in Sacremento with divac, peja, bibby, and webber their core all good offensive players but poor defensive players, teams like that never win championships, yet were building the same type of team :confused:

Everyone wants Morey to actually aquire a star player but as long as we have Adelman I don't see that happening, he doesn't want to run his offense through one player and with guys like chris paul, melo, granger etc... they need the ball in their hands to be effective which doesn't fit his motion offense so will continue to get guys like courtney lee who can only score off picks.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

has it ever?

3. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Defense wins championships..and Adelman has no idea of what defense is...

end of story.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

funny how Rick is better at coaching pieces and making them fit when T-mac and Yao were out... but now that he's got all these pieces, he can't get them to play well.

Perhaps it's players to blame at this point, not Rick's system. As I recall Def. was fine during the streak and last year.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Defense was garbage last year man. It seems to get worse every season since Thibs and JVG left too.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

ok I said it was "fine"

lol not great or anything.

this year it is horrendous.

7. Roxs-Redemption

Just give him the Coach-Of-The-Year Award he deserve his experience with Rockets...and after one Championship then Let Derek Fisher coach Rockets :rolleyes:

8. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Just give him the Coach-Of-The-Year Award he deserve his experience with Rockets...and immediately fire him then Rocket swill get one Championship!

9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

championship? how bout making the playoffs first? geeze.

10. AggieRocketsFan

Is Adelman making his offense too complicated?

11. AggieRocketsFan

Do you think we can win a game with Adelmans philosophy?

12. yearning

yearning Rookie

Adelman is a good coach but not a great one. :rolleyes:

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7fjDS0jKiE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7fjDS0jKiE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

No, or maybe I should say the chance is slim.

With a team as talented as the former Kings, he couldn't coach the team to win the title. A lot of people may argue how unfair the officiating was during that Western Finals between Kings and Lakers, I agree. But I also noticed that at the critical time during the game, he was not doing enough to ask his players to calm down and to focus on the game. There was one instance (it was game 6 or game 7 of that series), after a call obviously favored Lakers and the Kings' players were obviously upset, he didn't do anything meaningful to the players.

And the lack of his discipline he could put on his players ...

15. GRB

GRB Member

With his philosophy, plus some decent D, maybe.
    With him, noooo.

16. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

So you're saying he's bad at his job?

Agreed. Bring back Van Gundy.

17. Khalil A

Khalil A New Member

Hmm.

Real interesting take guys. Adelman at fault? Is Kubiak at fault also? Was Mike Brown at fault for the last two seasons? Was Byron Scott at fault for NO's bas start which explains NO's amazing new start?

Im not denying coaching deficiencies, what I'm questioning is if we have a guidance problem or a talent problem. Is NJ better because of Avery Johnson?

How important is coaching in NBA basketball? What is the basis of the claim that a contending team must have a star?

Just a thought. Just wanted to throw some things out there.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It's Adelman's Fault his supposed 17 mill franchise player looks done and cant guard a snail anymore or Martin and brooks are defense allergic chuckers?

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

At one point, I'd say Webber was a top 10 talent. Christie was a top 5 defensive player, Peja was a top 3 outsider shooter. Bibby was a top 5 PG at the time.

20. RyanB

RyanB Member

u said it all
    bring back JVG