1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Until Brooks Figures His Stuff Out...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by asmith8266, Nov 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

The English language is "a shamed" at your attempts to type it.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess Morey is getting what he's paying for.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not too good but he was able to keep his cool and come away with the W

that W means more than any other stat anyone put up tonight for the Rockets

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

five game win streak..?? dude I would be happy if we win one of them.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding, and we need one in the worse way. The pressure to get a win is just going to build.

6. GRB

GRB Member

Traditionally, it's the coach's job to figure out stuff. Players just play their game. If the team is in a losing streak, I don't think it is a single player's fault.

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

that would be the 1st derivative.

2nd derivative would be the management moving people around.

i hope that the management isn't so bad to the point where we won't be moving people around even if we're winning games. because Battier is gett'n old.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Brooks knows he's trade bait. At the price he is being paid, whichever team we deal with is getting an underpaid undersized 2 guard for the remainder of the year. Which means one of our larger contract players like Battier or Jeffries will be packaged. Besides the trading team may not want Brooks on a 5 year deal.

9. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Well his agent is telling him that he is better than he really is, so now Brooks is trying too hard. Except he's not.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is terrible....and had nothing to do with the W, and you are smart enough to know that.

Agree about the W being meaningful....though....the team has to figure it out.

DD

#50 DaDakota, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  11. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I predict we will get a win. :)

12. The_Yoyo

What are you talking about? I thought you were smart enough to know this but I guess not

the guy last night was 1-3 from the field 3-5 from the line -- 5pts oh well not many points but only 3 shots the fewest on the team outside of Mbenga who didnt take a shot

but he had 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 0 turnovers and played good defense on Martin

so clearly he had SOMETHING to do with his team winning, he may not have just put up only points like some players but he does the other little things that helped his team win and despite facing his former team that suddenly traded him away Ariza didnt force anything and didnt hurt him team in the process of trying to "be the hero"

13. DaDakota

Ariza was not the reason they won.

I know you like him because he went to UCLA, but him still being in Houston would not have changed a thing about where they are right now.

DD

14. The_Yoyo

as you keep saying its a TEAM game, Paul and West are the primaries on that team and make that engine go but there is no way you can definitively say that the Hornets would have still won last night without Ariza, he had a positive impact on both ends of the floor last night.

If he wasnt there who would guard martin? Marco B? please Martin would have had another one of those crazy games with the poor defense Marco plays

First you comment on stats asking what Ariza did then you say he had nothing to do with the victory, which he clearly did then you say he wasnt the reason ..of course he wasnt the reason i dont think anyone would ever believe that he was the reason when Paul and West are on the floor...cmon you know he played a lot better than what you had hoped to see him play (so you can say SEE! SEE! he needed to be traded!) and now you are just reaching for straws instead of acknowledging that he had a good game and helped his team win.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now you are just hating. Plus, you're wrong.

16. DaDakota

The Hornets won because there pieces all fit together and understand their roles.

The Rockets lost because they have no idea who they are as a team.

If you want to say Trevor is key to that fine by me....personally, I think he is the smallest piece but it would be disengenious to say he was not part of it.

He is however struggling mightily this year, and you know CP3 is getting him good looks.

And yes CoachBadlee, I do hate Trevor, I believe he sucks.

DD

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

great, so you feel about trevor as i do about brooks

btw, didn't we go through this once before with a guy named steve? tell me how that worked out again.

18. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

while you are typing your love of ab, i'm going to try an unnecessary pass behind my back and the lazily foul a player on a breakaway, essenially costing the team 6 pts.

19. The_Yoyo

you're lucky swoly didnt see this

interesting trevor understanding his role something you kept saying he didnt do last year despite the coaching staff asking him to take those shots...yet magically this year he can understand his role?

once again you keep thinking/saying that I said Trevor is "key" no I said he played well and was a reason/helped his team to victory by saying he was "key" you're implying that I think that he was the main cog/component to their victory when clearly that was Paul and West

Trevor is not shooting the ball well this year (but then again when has he ever?) but his shots are waaaaaay down from last year (shooting 1/2 as many per game) and he is still playing good defense and filling in his role nicely and the Hornets are the best team record wise in the league right now along with the Lakers and have face a much more difficult schedule to start the season than the Lakers.

We all know you hate Trevor you have this made this abundantly clear probably 5k of your posts alone have been on how bad Trevor is scoring the ball.

Trevor played a solid game last night, like a role player should and helped his team win. Good teams need solid role guys to win in this league.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Trevor has a ring and is a starter on a 4-0 team where he can play his role (defense, ironically something we're lacking).

He'll be fine. Haters gonna hate.

Now if only Brooks could figure out HIS role...