1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Rick Adelman be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Nov 3, 2010.

?

Should Rick Adelman be fired?

1. Yes

7.9%
  2. Yes, bring back JVG!!

18.3%
  3. No

44.5%
  4. Ask me later in the season.

29.3%
  1. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

Fire him!

Ignore that it's only three games. Ignore that two of the losses were to playoff teams last year. Ignore that our one 'superstar' can only play half a game, and the rest of the roster is packed with good-not-great players. Ignore the relationship he has with Morey, and certainly ignore all the success he's had in the past, both with us and other teams.

The man has obviously forgotten how to coach! I'm angry and I want someone to lose his job so I'll feel better!

;)

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

JVG nostalgia has overtaken me. I can't help it. I miss the 84-83 victories/losses.

3. alethios

alethios Member

^ This FTW!

4. kevinmartin

kevinmartin Member

We don't need to fire Adelman, we just need to convince Tom Thibodeau to come back as defensive coach. Being the head coach of the Bulls is overrated anyways. ;)

5. blactrs2

blactrs2 Member

"We all work on execution every day, every shootaround - defense, offense - that's what it's about. The teams that execute the best are usually the teams playing the longest come playoff time" said Popovich.

Rick is great but I just dont think he can take us ALL the way in spite of what he did in Sacramento.

6. J-Man

J-Man Member

F*** NO!!!!!!!

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The team needs a coaching staff with some balls. This guy is a poor motivator who no longer has the benefit of a team chocked full of super competitors. Or even worse, he has found a way to de-motivate a team full of self-starters.

I always hated the "players' coach" label for a reason.

You certainly don't get rid of Slick Rick during this season but it's time to take this guy of the pedestal when he hasn't done jack with this team since he got here.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Funny how the polar opposite of JVG is RA.

JVG is defensive minded, RA is offensive minded.

JVG is not exactly a player's coach, but RA is one.

JVG is a pretty entertaining guy, RA is one boring ass person.

JVG is almost bald, RA has a head full of hair.

JVG likes T-mac, RA not so much.

Eventually, the whole board will demand for a JVG like coach when in reality, what we need to do is merge these two beings together.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rick is the Ruler

10. plates300

plates300 Member

RA has arguably the hardest coaching job this season, so win or lose, you don't fire the man.

11. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

playing chuck a C after you KNOW it is a TERRIBLE move from last seasons failures def makes you scratch ur head on his IQ for D.. if RA continues to play chuck in yaos place ill have to give it a thought because it lacks logic.. take ur bumps with a guy with C height like Hill and JJ instead of a 6-6 guy

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

No he shouldn't, we aren't losing because of him, the team is having hard time controlling yao ming minutes and win games because we are too deep that we don't have an indenity, I think we'll start to pick it up after the all-star break and this team is going to the playoffs.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

I say bring back the Rudy T.

14. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

It would be interesting to see how JVG runs this squad.

15. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

FIRE Adelman!
    This idiot doesn't even know a team SHOULD play defense!

16. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

RA should go he will not give Yao Hill & Bud more min when they are playing great & keep us in the game. RA does not sub guys enough & why in the hell does he not try to dump AB who is straight trash. We have lost many games we could have wone if we used more subs RA career is over time to let him go

17. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

how about we hire jeff van gundy as an assistant coach

18. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

rick adelman is the very best thing we have going for the rockets right now along with morey. we have no superstar players, but we have a superstar coach. we can nitpick all we want, but who is better. for my money, he is the best value coach in the league...i love that he never gets rattled!

but the d must change and it starts with the guards...they both want to score and dont/cant stop anybody...to win you need guards that can play well at both ends of the floor!!

when in trouble, you want a leader that is sure and steady and we have that with rick adelman...thanks rick for all you have done and all you continue to do for the rockets!!!

19. G-Money

G-Money Member

Seconds opinions?

20. Zfan

Zfan Member

Brad Miller is playing heavy minutes and Martin is the No1 scorer. This is Rick's team. You fire him, you fire the whole team.