1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At this point, who do you consider untouchable in a trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Nov 3, 2010.

Tags:
?

Who do you consider untouchable in the event of a trade?

1. Scola

139 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. Yao

78 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Martin

43 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Brooks

5 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. Other

8 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. No one

151 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. albuster

albuster Member

Ideally, it would be great if the Rockets would stay with the core of Yao, Scola and Martin and build on that foundation for the next five or so years.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yao wont be in the lerague in 5 years. Even by some miracle he is, it'll be as a 2nd or 3rd backup type player. Scola will be 35 and well past it and Martin will be 33.33 for a primeter player usually=well past it's used by date.

3. Zfan

Zfan Member

No one is untouchable when dealing a new franchise player. Base on the fact that Yao's health is uncertain and the current team is lack of chemistry. If you have a chance to build a new team, you better don't miss it.
    I don't think renting Carmelo is a good idea. Morey will only trade a Carmelo with extension. A player like this is not for rent. You never rent a franchise player.

4. dartherus

dartherus Member

Brooks and MArtin are far from untouchable....
    Both of them playing at the same time is suicide....one of the problems having with D, even for the big guys, is having a lousy backcourt defense...

When you have a good backcourt D, things get easier for the big guys...just check the title contending teams, none of them have a nearly so bad perimeter D....

Thats why I say it's not just Brooks or Martin are tradeables... IT'S URGENT that one of them is traded ASAP...to get a player of similar caliber, perhaps in the SF spot (the easiest to upgrade)....

IMO, currently, the easiest trade to accomplish is Brooks+salaryFillers+sweeteners for Iggy.....

With the rest of the assets the Rockets have, it's easy to get another serviceable PG...don;t you think?

5. joesr

joesr Member

Why did you not make it a multiple choices?

Yao.

Scola and Martin I would want to keep.

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Scola and Martin

7. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

I don't think anyone is untouchable at this point. That being said, I hope nobody is traded. I want to see this team stick together for a few seasons with the core intact and see what happens.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

In previous years, Yao has been the only Rocket that wouldn't be traded. But, given his foot problems, if DM got a good offer for him, I doubt he would pass it up. Everyone is up for grabs, everyone has a price.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one is untouchable, but I voted Brooks because his numbers looked lonely.

;)

DD

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I know the poll show the majority voting "no one" but Scola is turing out to be a great player. All-star level production for half the cost.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

NO ONE and I mean NO ONE...If the right deal comes along for Yao, LATER BRO.

Love Scola but same goes for him, Martin and Brooks too.

12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Borderline untouchable:
    Scola
    Yao

Tradable:
    Everyone else

13. albuster

albuster Member

What's the basis for your prognosis?

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

1. men at his size don't have long careers in the NBA...they have injury-riddled careers. again, we knew this before we drafted him.

2. he's had an injury-riddled career, missing about as many games as he's played over the last 4 seasons

3. his foot is held together by pins

i'm no doctor....and i'm not an NBA general manager. coincidentally, i do play both on TV. but i would not be looking long term with Yao.

15. thething

thething Contributing Member

Brooks is probably the most untouchable at this point, followed by Scola. It's tough to get that kind of production out of such a small contract.

I voted no one, though. If John Wall got offered for him I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.

As for the question, I'd say that no one is truly untouchable, but I think Daryl and Les would require one hell of an offer to entertain the idea of parting with either Scola or Yao. Yao's reasons are obvious, and Scola because he's the epitome of a championship role player.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would make any trade that makes the team better. Period.

18. lz56

lz56 Member

if yao is tradable, he should have been traded long ago

19. mrjuandiego1988

scola yao martin!& me lol

20. A00man

A00man Member

Absolutely no one. This team has no franchise players, and therefore no one is untouchable.