1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall- Career Prediction

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nachbarFTW, Oct 24, 2010.

?

Highest career accomplishment of John Wall?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2010.
  1. HOFer, multiple MVPs, 3+ Championships

16 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. 1+ MVP, 1-2 Championships

42 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. Deep playoff player, 1 MVP

49 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Career All-star

121 vote(s)
    48.4%
  5. Solid Point Guard on winning team

22 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

are you serious??? Im sure every GM outside of Utah j*zz would love to have D.Rose to build there franchise around....He is unguardable...I mean any superstar could use help (see MJ, Bird, Majic) but he is a great franchise player.....I see wall as a multiple all-star only because of the jacked up voting methods....His career will image that of Stephon Marbury to me....before the NY Knicks saga

2. Francis 4 ever

Magic
    Big O
    Stockton
    Isiah
    Payton
    Nash
    Kidd
    --------
    Marbury
    Bdiddy
    Francis

I see wall, rose, and evans fitting in more with the second teir. Curry, Cp3, dwill, rondo seem more like the first category.

lets talk again in a few seasons though

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

not curry and rondo but I see where youre going with this

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think John Wall is going to be one of the best point guards the league has ever seen. He's a freak. The first player I thought of when I saw him play was KJ, but he's 4 inches taller. That being said, he plays PG for Washington. That isn't good for his championship chances.

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I don't see any reason why he can't be as good or perhaps even better than Chris Paul.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

One of the best point guards in the league, in 5 years will be arguing whether him, rondo, or rose is the best point guard in the league.

7. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

I don't doubt Rose's talents as a player, only as a leader.

I think you can build around Derrick Rose and have a team like the Hawks.

Decent Playoff team but never get out of the 2nd or 3rd round.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm just shocked that the guy who admits to not watching a lot of Kings games is lecturing everyone on Evans focus. FWIW, I have seen LOTS of Kings games(almost as many as Rockets games last year) and I think Evans is FAR more likely to have a Steve Francis career trajectory than Wall will.

Actually, I have said it here several times before that Evans reminds me of Franchise - gifted athlete who relies on superior size/athleticism, but who has average at best decision making and is inefficient with the ball in his hands, is a shoot first guard masquerading at the point, and is truly clueless as to how to make his team better. Similar to the early Franchise days in Houston when Rudy T let Francis do what he pleased, Evans also has free reign to create on a bad team but I think ultimately they are doing Evans a disservice and allowing him to get into some bad habits....and I like Evans too. He seems like a good kid, but for him to be a superstar he has to have discipline and focus and I don't think anyone in Sacramento is pushing that on him and it's a trait that is rarely found in kids of his age(Durant and Kobe are two of the few who had it at a young age). Sadly, I think Cousins will also underachieve because of the lack of a good mentoring coach in Sacramento. I think Brandon Jennings will have a better career as a PG than Evans because Skiles has been ruthless about riding him about all the details of playing the point since day 1.

...I may be wrong but I doubt it. :grin:

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Back to Wall, my prediction for him is a multiple All Star who maybe gets one MVP and maybe if he's lucky a title. It's hard to predict that kind of thing because there have been plenty of great players who didn't get titles because of circumstances. I wouldn't say Wall is any more unguardable than other quick PGs in the league who take advantage of the lack of hand checking, but he seems to have that type of court vision that only the greats have. He's going to make a difference because of his defense though - he seems like a quicker Chris Paul which is very impressive. I'm still not sure about his leadership or if he is the type of superstar who can take over a game when his team needs him like a true elite player can. Very few players can do that and I think that will be what separates him from being an All Star vs being an elite player. My list of guys who can do that right now is Wade, Lebron, Durant, Kobe. That's it. I have a hard time seeing Wall getting there right now but being a multiple all star and a key piece to a good team is certainly worth being a #1 pick.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't know if I would call Evans an gifted athlete.

I agree on the size part though.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You must have seen very little of him then.

12. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

29pts, 13assist, 9steals tonight

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

John Wall is going to be a fan favorite:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4IMDYaIYjD4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4IMDYaIYjD4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow.... I like him already

14. Franchize

Franchize Member

this guy is a BEAST!

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

:eek: ... yep the guy is good!

--RB

16. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Been watching his games because I have him in fantasy and I must say he is pretty good. His speed is incredible and he never gives up on a play. He's fast and with the right coaching/practice, his D can even better. Man, if he gets a jumper, he's going to be unstoppable.
    I voted career all-star though because I just can't see him getting an MVP or a title on the Wizards.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man...Rockets shoulda tanked last season I KNEW IT.

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

8 turnovers, BUT WHO CARES with the rest of that! Yowza.

19. worzel gummidge

LOL, I stopped watching today's Sixers-Wiz game when the Wiz were down by 3 pts with 4 or 6 secs left thinking it was game over.

20. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Looks like a huge douche. Must've learned his dance moves from Lebron.