1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Food] What food is the Spiciest (Hottest) ever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I really enjoy eating Pho. The problem is that once I add on the chili sauce and copious amounts of Sriracha, it wreaks havoc on my stomach within minutes. Usually it ends with an assplosion - the type that paints the rim of the toilet.

To avoid the hassle, I'm thinking about cutting out the middleman (myself) and just pouring the pho directly into the toilet next time.

2. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Dude just go eat a few ghost peppers and see if that satisfies your appetite.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nope. Never in my life. No dead taste buds here.

I'm not looking for pepper spray in the mouth. I'm looking for hot food.

4. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

How to get the hottest food ever:

1) Make friends with someone who is native Thai and speaks the language.
    2) Go with them to their favorite Thai restaurant.
    3) Ask them to order something spicy for you, have them insist that it be prepared "thai spicy", all while speaking Thai to the waitstaff.
    4) Melt your face off.

5. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

Doritos-Third Degree Burn! Hottest chips I've ever eaten!

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I like spicy stuff, but not abnormally hot stuff that makes your poo burn...that's what I think of before i try anything hot, how's it gonig to be the next day...i can't imagine doing a Man vs. Food show and having to eat that crap and then next day, you crap fire... :eek:

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah those were pretty legit.

I usually like to eat a nice bag of Fiery Habanero, but those third degree burn ones really bring the spice.

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Nice find. I was at Central Market a few weeks ago looking for something with Ghost Chili (not that I'd eat it, but just for a party gimmick) but didn't see any. I'll look harder next time.

That particular bottle looks so innocent, but it will probably make you crap fire. It'll probably at least have some taste, though!

#28 Depressio, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  9. Depressio

Haha, good ol' Dave's. That and some of the Maddog hot sauces are probably the craziest sauces in the country. The only hotter ones are probably just extracts.

I was at a party when I was little and they had some bottle of Dave's (I don't know what kind). My dad underestimaed how hot it would be, loaded up a chip, and puked shortly thereafter. Good times.

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

OMG..............they have the best bottled sauces. Got to try that.

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I don't believe what you are getting is truly That Spicy9. I think they are jacking with you. I've been to Thailand and went to some off the beaten path places. We took a cooking class with a local lady in her home, and we hired two different drivers for two different days, and we instructed both of them to take us to "local" restaurants for two meals each day. We wanted the local experience, and we let them know it. We asked for at least one "spicy" dish that was cooked to their level of spice preference, and we impressed upon them that we liked our food spicy. Nothing we ate in Thailand was as spicy as the food at Thai Gourmet when cooked even "Spicy" (or whatever they call the level just below "Thai Spicy"). And honestly, when I get something "Thai Spicy" at Thai Gourmet in Houston, it just seems.........out of balance. I think what you are experiencing is really just a Thai restaurant trying to appeal or impress an American Chili head.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Damn, dude. I watched that whole video, very disappointing.

The place is called Chunky's in San Antonio.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

There should be a part 2 on the YouTube page that shows his "after" reactions.

1 person likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was about to post the same thing. Their medium is hot, their hot is crazy hot, and I've never attempted the Thai Hot.

15. Special Patrol Group

Wow, haven't seen that one. The habanero Mrs. Renfro's is my regular salsa. Got to try that one.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Being a hot sauce nut, there is nothing in this thread that can rival this :

http://www.hotsauce.com/Blair-s-16-Million-Reserve-Crystals-p/misc-blairs-16-million.htm

It's not a hot sauce. It's not a food. It is pure capsacin - the stuff that makes peppers hot. No pepper, no pepper extract, no hot sauce, no burger, nothing remotely comes close.

In this thread, the closest thing to the heat of Blair's 16 Million Reserve is The Source hot sauce that Pole posted. But that being said, Blair's is over twice as hot. Of course, if you want to spend $300-$600 on the stuf, be my guest. lol.

I've got some of this at home that I use on stuff. It's pretty hot, but not overpowering : http://www.hotsauce.com/Dave-s-NEW-Ghost-Pepper-Naga-Jolokia-Hot-Sauce-p/1987.htm
    It's made from the hottest pepper in the world, the bhut jolokia (aka, the Ghost pepper).

Most hot sauces aren't as hot as the peppers they're made from unless they use pepper extract. The downside to that is pepper extracts taste nasty sometimes. See if you can find someone growing a bhut jolokia plant and use one of them in your cooking. Failing that, try one of the habanero or ghost pepper-based hot sauces.

*EDIT* : BTW, if your friend from Trinidad made you something that hot, he may have used the Trinidad scorpion or 7-pot pepper (or maybe some variant of the scotch bonnett or habanero pepper). A good ghost pepper can be 2-3 times as hot.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i cant do it like I used to.

18. Depressio

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Of course it's edible, but you don't eat it straight. You make about 10 gallons of chili and drop a grain in. lol. Here you go :

http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/blairs-16-million-product-review/

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Pizza Hut wing sauce hot kicked my ass.