1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 26, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the GM is in Kubiak's back pocket. He was basically hired by Kubiak.

Bob is the one who extended him.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's what really gets me. Texans layed a stinky turd in a big game with the nation watching...again.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

no sh#t...looked pathetic in a game where a national audience was watching and this?

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

In honor of DD, I'm going to start referring to Koby Bryant and Dwain Wade over in the Dish. Sure hope Yow Ming gets more minutes soon!

Another big moment the Texans refuse to seize.
    "Hey guys, do you know what we can do here? We all but knock the king off the hill with a win tonight! This is our season right here! Let's take it!"
    It remains alarming that they can't grasp that big games call for them to raise up. I absolutely put that on Kubiak - it cost us 2-3 games and a playoff berth last year, and it looks like history will repeat itself.

Have to praise the defense. Lots of love to Antonio Smith for calling that players only meeting and producing results. Defense was hung out to dry by the offense (time of possession was lopsided all game) and they still put in their best performance since week 1. They did their job and 23 points allowed should have been enough.

Smith and Williams were a touch over anxious at the line, but I'll take that over the blase, ho hum "passion" from Okoye. Nice to see Anderson and Ogunleye have an impact. Wilson played a lot better and made some nice hits. Jackson looked solid. It seemed to me that Cushing was muffled at the Mike. I'd really rather they come up with a different solution, because he went to waste in the middle.

4 Turkeys go to Kubiak, Dennison, Brown, and Schaub

Gameplan was slop. Took no time for me to see a virtual repeat of the scripted opening to the Dallas game. Great idea, Kubiak, it worked so well the first time. The inability to adjust to Indy's blitzkrieg strategy was not surprising but unbelievable at the same time. How could they not figure that was coming? 2 top flight DEs and a mash unit....they weren't going to be dead set on giving Schaub less than 3 seconds? It was damning that Kubiak apparently had nothing in the bag (swing passes, quick slants/outs, etc) to neutralize that and that Schaub is apparently still not allowed or not able to audible and hit a hot route.

Apparently Duane Brown was working out with Aaron Schobel during his month off. I'd like to think that guys missing 4 games will feel pressure and obligation to make it up to their teammates upon their return. Not in his case.

Return of bad Schaub. Even when he had time, there were just way too many bad throws from him. He's had 4 bad games, 3 of them were losses and not by coincidence. I don't know why it's happening, I know he's better than this.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

why no passes to the tight ends, that's where you beat the blitz

6. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

You've really come along as a poster emjohn. Just wanted to say I enjoy your posts on all things rockets, astros, and texans. I still remember your first threads of fudge making :p

/endmanlove

Do you still make fudge?

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Texans made a LOT of fudge last night. Especially on 3rd down....

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Just because you're down 14-3 in the first half does not mean you abandon the run.

God, what a freaking rookie mistake.

Is Kubiak new to this whole football thing?

9. Bojangles

I felt this would help this discussion of the game.

[​IMG]

10. Bojangles

Donny, have you slept since last night? :p

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I may or may not have killed this fat, loud mouth colts fan with my bare hands after I blacked out last night. I pretended he was Gary Kubiak. Made it that much easier.

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This is something that Texans have not called much of this year period. The quick timing routes with 3 second drops, screens, and swing passes have not seemed to part of the game plan all. From, game one it appeared the line would have some issues, yet this was not adapted. It makes little sense.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Thanks for the kind words....but I don't recall the fudge stuff, maybe you're thinking of someone else? I tried making it once as a kid and took it to our family in Western NY. It was decent, but my mom spent the entire time telling everyone about how badly I trashed the kitchen.

Made some good salsa and queso last night before the game, though!

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Somebody should choke both coordinators... Our OC calls terrible plays...Our DC is clueless...Its a trinkle down effect....The offense feels like it has to outscore every damn body now because the defense sucks... The defense its out there too long because of the pass-heavy offense....Which brings me to my 3rd problem.....Matt Schaub isnt capable of being a franchise player...I mean he is what he is...He's good but not great...Like Steve Youngsaid yesterday "How many games can you honestly say , Matt Schaub won that game for us."........Not many.........and Cushing should go ahead and overtrain again ...He looks useless

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he pretty much won every game last year and 3 of the 4 this year...i will give arian the other victory.

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Would you go so far as to say they are... trick azz bustas?

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I dont agree with that...Lately he's been lighting it up when we trail big...He's great at throwing againt prevent defenses.....If Andre wasnt out there, who would Matt Schaub be????........We got the best WR, arguably the best RB in the AFC , and he still looks like a deer in headlights this year when droppingback....He starting to do more checkdowns than John Kitna....

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

LMAO!!!! Thatz right Donny !!! They all TRICK AZZ BUSTAS

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's 11:32 A.M., and Dwight Freeney just sacked Matt Schaub again.

20. Bojangles

Oh, hmm. I swear it was you. At least I thought you were the guy that was making fudge and offering it to clutchfans on occasion. Do you know him by chance? Because I could use some chocolate either way :p