1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Randy Moss Waived by the Vikings

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by TMAC3, Nov 1, 2010.

1. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

His whole 5 minute love fest toward the Patriots organization was ridiculous. It's obvious he knows that he shouldn't have b****ed his way out...

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Unless this was all part of the plan the whole time.

Rocket River

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Re: Moss - I don't think Tom Jackson and Keyshawn were seeing eye to eye about the situation on MNF Countdown. Pretty tense and TJ was pretty upset it seemed.

5. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

What happened? Was Keyshawn being an idiot per usual?

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Keyshawn was pretty much on Moss' side and slammed Childress. Didn't catch all what happened, but TJ said angrily that he couldn't "endear himself to Moss" and both CC and KJ kind looked taken aback. There was some interesting tension there it seemed.

7. plates300

plates300 Member

TJ couldn't go with Moss because of what Moss said in the past - I'll play when I want to play.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

As expected, Moss waived.

Brad Childress: “This decision was made based on what we thought was in the best interests of the Vikings, both in the short and long term." "We wish Randy the best as he moves forward in his career.”

9. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

surprised by this move...always been a fan by moss but somethings clearly up

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here in MN this is almost a bigger story than the election and there is almost uniformly critical of Childress.

Speaking personally if they cut Favre too I will root for the Vikes again.

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Looks like the team is critical of Childress too. This was such a dumb move by a coach who seems more interested in playing politics than winning football games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-mossrelease110110

12. Major

Major Member

The criticism doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Childress isn't the GM - he can voice his disapproval of Moss, but someone higher up makes the decision to keep or release him. If they wanted, the GM/ownership could have just told Childress to deal with it.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

what has childress done this year that has been in the best interests of the vikings?

if he wants to do what's good for the vikings, he should fire himself.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Exactly

I will be shocked if he is still the coach next year.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

It would be make a lot of sense if Moss go to St. Louis

A good young QB, an amazing RB, they can win their division, nice fit there.

16. Asian Sensation

Definitely an interesting option. I don't know if Moss would "bring it" every weekend in St. Louis and I'm not sure he would be okay playing with a rookie QB but if he tried he'd help the Rams a TON. He's basically the only thing the Rams are missing besides experience.

Rams D has improved. They have a winner in Bradford a stud RB in Jackson and a Wes Welker type slot receiver in Amendola with a really good coach. With all the good things the Rams have going on I'm not sure if they risk bringing in Moss. But as stated, if he plays hard he could be the answer to Rams winning the division and *gasp* maybe even winning a playoff game.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

childress will be fired before wade phillips at this rate

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Childress had a big say in this but there is no way this is a primarily his decision.

Personally I hope they keep Childress. He is getting caught up in all of the Favre drama and bringing in Moss certainly didn't help reduce the drama but he isn't a bad coach, way way better than Mike Tice who probably shouldn't have been an NFL head coach, and as good on the field as Denny Green without the shtick.

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

20. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Every Friday, the Vikings invite a local establishment to cater the team's post-practice meal. Last Friday, it was center Matt Birk's turn to pick the eatery, and he chose a St. Paul restaurant that served chicken, pasta, ribs and other dishes.

While his teammates lined up to dig in, Moss lashed out, according to the report.

Moss yelled "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog," a player who witnessed the incident said, according to Yahoo! Sports.
    The player who witnessed Moss' food tirade called it "an uncomfortable moment," adding that he felt Moss deserved to be cut after the incident, Yahoo! Sports reported.

"This wasn't a chain -- it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff," the witness said, according to the report. "And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.' You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

link