1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Theoretically, this is Yao's last contract year..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Oct 31, 2010.

1. perfectweapons

Yeah dont these people know that Yao is the antichrist. I bet you any top 10 superstar would give anything to play with Yao in the playoffs.

2. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

exactly what i have said yesterday after the loss to Denver.
    i said i didn't get it why players didn't have confidence shooting balls in the second half :confused: . it doesn't matter with the team identity or the arrangement of Yao's minutes. it looks like RA's coaching problem

3. Felece

Felece Member

Yao to heat for MLE. Thats probaly what will happen if we dont resign him.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Yao will be re-signed. He will be much better when Battier is traded or not re-signed.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Current Yao. I'd take that bet.

6. flashsky

flashsky Member

How STUPID this opnion is !

You also can say YAO caused everything we couldn't do in the 3 games...no defense,no offense in 4 quarter,no 3-point FG%,AB's never understanding to assist,Miller's inferior TOs and inferior foul and inferior defense......
    Why somebody like blame YAO at everything for all kinds of excuses?

7. bongo33

bongo33 Member

You sound like a TOF, "Oh T-macs gonna be dominant again after microfracture." That didn't work so well did it? I'm wishing Yao the best, but we aren't sure if he'll ever be as great as he was 2 years ago,. If he's not then the best option is to trade him.

8. hunter399

hunter399 Member

The NBA is a business, and Yao is good for business. No chance the Rockets get rid of him.

9. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Although yao is very inconsistent right now. Rockets dont have to pay him 17 million year. Im ok with 10-12 million a year

10. Macfly

Macfly Member

I think Yao will refuse contract from Roc after this season.

Chicago will be a good place with a better coach.

11. GRB

GRB Member

No, even if Yao gets healthy, ppl will move on and spent most of their life b**** about the next rocket player who is not being great.

12. perfectweapons

No we dont know if he will ever get back to elite status, but I know he will do everything in his power to try. I also know Tmac did not, so the comparison is not fair. We dont know if any of our players will blow there knee out next game. If you trade him who are you going to get to replace him? There isnt too many players that play as well as him injured. Try looking at the 4th quarter the other night. Scola and Yao did not even touch the ball. Brooks and Martin jacked up miss after miss. They are the problem right now. Poor shot selection and awful defense. They can turn it around but they need to play smarter.

13. highlander3128

Oh yeah! We were so good last year by winning a total of 42 games out of 82 and missing the play off. Let's see how bad we are this coming season.

14. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

It all depends on what happens this year. If he goes down with another injury, I think he was being serious when he said he might retire. I could see that happening.

If he plays the whole season and doesn't get hurt and is productive, there's no way the Rockets don't re-sign him.

15. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

where do you people keep thinking that yao doesnt want to resign with this team? you keep saying as if he has another team he would prefer to go to.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I seriously doubt it. T-Mac said the same thing and re-signed for $854,000.

Yao just wants to make sure he gets paid next year. He knows even if he isn't productive he brings in a lot of revenue for the Rockets.

It's not like he can say I want to sign with another team or play baseball.

17. ironariza

ironariza Member

As a chinese, I will be glad to see Yao ming can trade something

for example: YAo--anthony
    YAO--Bynum
    YAO--Bosh
    YAO---Oden
    but I dont know which one you like more

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

One of the many dumb posts in this thread. I guess I could have picked most of them, but this is at the crux of the problem. Dallas is more relevant in the nba than the rockets. So are the spurs. Know why? They have consistently won alot of games and pushed far into the playoffs. Yao is a good player, end of story. He was never great, never! In the so called mvp year, the rockets couldn't win a game until the witch doctor fixed tracy's back. Will the rockets ever get rid of yao? Probably not. Can he contribute to a championship team? Yes as the 3rd or 4th option. If he's any higher than that, your team is doomed. Haven't we watched this movie before?

19. albuster

albuster Member

Yeah you are right. I am as incredulous as you are. The Rockets were so good last year that they went to the lottery. The insanity is just incredible!!

20. highlander3128

All I need is a little bit of sense which is seriously lacked in the forum. What is the average age of posters here again??? Patience is hard to find these days. Sigh....