1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo via cop

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Oct 30, 2010.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

This is prob what happened.

While I would love to have him I doubt we get him

2. Felece

Felece Member

At this point his team is better than our team so why does he want to leave?

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hey everyone, back home from the game. I was on my wifes iphone at the game so thats why I havent posted again and was kind of short with my first post. I am the type that still has an old crappy phone. The Iphone typing is cool, but I am bumbly with it. Anyway, thanks to Codman for the defense. I have been around the board for a long time and I have seen people make up crazy stuff. I am not expecting anyone to believe me, nor do I care if they do. Anyway, to give as detailed of an explanation as possible as to what I saw/heard tonight here it goes. I will also give my opinions of the situation. Just either choose to trust me as a judge of context I guess.

But here it goes...

So sat Section 126 row D. Seats 1 and 2 (as I mentioned before, up against the guardrail kind of across from the visitors bench.) Awesome seats off stubhub and I actually thought 115 a piece (total with taxes and fees) was a good deal. Kind of strange because I always had disliked stubhub before. But anway... Enough backstory......

At some point right before the game end of warmups, I noticed Carmelo come out of the tunnel right by my seats. I didnt notice him in the tunnel per se, but caught him kind of with my peripheral vision as he ran onto the court. Didnt think anything of it, other than I wished I would have seen him coming so I could yell at him to come here or something else etc. So the game starts and there is a hpd officer just kind of by the gate. I imagine that is the best job in the world. He watched the game, but I got the sense he wasn't particularly interested. Eventually he is joined by a second officer, they make small talk blah blah blah, I am watching the game. And then it was during a timeout or something the one officer says to the other...(note this is pretty but not entirely verbatim) "Number 15 there for Denver, Anthony whenhe was stretching back in the tunnel said we might see him in Houston before the end of the year"

Crazy I know, and I just was like holy **** and pretty much grabbed my wifes phone.

I would be skeptical of anyone posting this story. So I understand in advance. What my honest opinion about it is, is this.....

The cops (both of them) seemed vaguely interested in the game and that was it. Even when the cop spoke to the other about Anthony. He didnt really say it like a fan. He had to be specific in mentioning #15. It seemed more like "hey, we might see this guy everynight soon, fyi" Not an excited fan. And just from the officers inflection and the way he spoke, I seriously doubt it was a situation of the cop asking Melo if he would ever come to Htown.

It seemed to me like Anthony made that statement directly to him "Yea you may be seeing me everynight here before the end of the year."

So there you go guys.... I swear on my life that the above is the truth, but I know that wont matter to some. But it wouldnt be fair to not tell the board.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the game also sitting in 126 row B. I mentioned in the post game thread that Anthony was looking around the arena like he was 'sizing us up.'

LOL one can only hope, man.

5. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

after what we've done tonight, it is fairly safe to say that Melo won't come..

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I will say one thing I noticed. I've always though Anthony a bit on the dirty side. He sometimes hurts players deliberately. Whenhe does you won't see him go up to the guy and try to help him up. He fouled Lowry in the head. Bullard said his head hit the floor but it was Anthony's elbow that hit him first. It was a bit of a dirty play, borderline. But what was unusual is they way he rushed to help Lowry up. It wasn't that he helped him up. I have never seen him do that but maybe he has before, but he did it like "Hey man are you okay, I'm sorry.", Yeah he didn't say any of that but I got that feeling. I didn't anything of it other than Anthony appears to have a better attitude. Maybe he has just decided to change his attitude but now that someone reports he makes a comment he might be here soon I wonder if that is his motivation. Who knows? I am not a big Melo fan but he certainly solves a lot of problems and he is definitely a talent. There is no question who the starting 3 is. We will have to dump alot of players and give alot of picks to get him but maybe he is just what the docotor ordered.

Maybe that is even what is holding up the Dampier signing. I hope it's true!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

After this performance I sure this is the last team he wants to join.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually thought the same thing, but think people are maybe looking too much into it? I did think the same thing, he seemed intent on helping Lowry up actually, and Lowry looked like he didn't want help from an opposing teammate which does happen a lot of times after a bang bang play like that.

I doubt this one game will knock Melo off our list(if we were on it to begin with). If anything he might think he's the missing piece. Who really knows what's going on in his mind?

Melo may say things like that to every person who asks if he wants to be traded or whats going on "Hey...I could play for you guys, you never know afterall!"

9. hasheesh

hasheesh Member

He not only helped him up...but he checked up on him later in the game if you noticed when there was a dead ball. He kinda grabbed Lowry and slapped his chest and asked him if he was ok.

You never usually see that. or maybe we're just putting Melo under a microscope.

10. DaJet

DaJet Member

Too bad some people think he is still some kind of thug or something.

I've seen bad guys in the league and Melo aint one of them.

He's handled everything that life has thrown at him pretty good, with some skeletons in his closet, but who doesn't?

I mean no one is perfect.

He could be that missing piece to our championship hopes.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Or maybe he knows they're going to be teammates soon...

Anyways, Melo played much better defense than Battier did tonight. He made several high BBIQ plays and Budinger/Battier had poor offensive nights. Of course he competed hard and was on the floor when the Nuggets basically won tonight's game. No question he would be a huge upgrade for us.

12. DaJet

DaJet Member

If looking at losses, the Knicks are 1-2.

Melo can't wait. :rolleyes:

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Nets are 2-0 also lol.

I want to add something else to the Melo discussion, and why he would want to play for the Rockets. I'm not going to get my hopes up over it, because i'm not sure he's the franchise type guy, and that you may need another superstar to go along with...

But I think what Melo wants most is a team with a bright future. That's why he wants to leave Denver IMO, besides wanting to go to NYK. I think he just sees the window closing on that team with Billups being their 2nd best player.

The Knicks may not be good...but they have that because of all the potential rumors of players wanting to play there. Also...if Melo goes there we know a bunch of players will try to bandwagon onto that team like the Heat.

The Bulls also have that because of Rose.

I'm not sure if the Rockets have that. Do you look at this team and say "Boy, we may not win this year but 1-2 years from now, we may have a dynasty."
    I feel like this is Yao's era. With how much he's being paid for us to attract any big name like Melo Yao has to produce and players like Melo has to actually want to play with Yao. Like how we got that other star in his prime, he wanted to play with Yao. Remember all the comparisons when we got that guy that this could be the next dynamic duo going up against Shaq and Kobe?

Bulls have Rose. Knicks have Amar'e. Rockets have...

The one thing the Rockets have going for them is that Melo reportedly doesn't want to go to a gutted team, and the Rockets are pretty much the only team in this that doesn't have to gut themselves to get Melo.

14. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Wow I was @ the game too glad u elaborated further as saying the cop told the other cop. But anyways like a previous post he sure was sizing the place up in my opinion. Looking around and smiling I saw him smiling quite a bit. Didn't really notice the Lowry thing where he rushed to help him up, but I saw when Lowry left b4 halftime to get stiches? That Melo asked him if he was ok and gave him a butt slap lol.

I think we r looking too much into this and we will get let down ala the bosh thing. But wow Melo sure would help this team big time. Hope he was speaking the truth and comes here.

Anyways any @ the game did y'all see the 44 years of tradition video right before the national anthem and starting g lineups. That video gave me goose bumps it was amazing!!! Got me so pumped for the game. Did any1 record it b/c that was the best rockets video I have ever seen lol :eek:

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They've been playing that vid for a couple of years, starting with '42 years of tradition.' I believe it's somwhere on the Rockets' website, or at least it was.

16. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I know they played a smiliar one last year. But this one was revamped, it had new footage bout twice as ling as the old one, great music to go with it and great editing. It was BAD ASS.

17. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Agreed. Melo definitely isn't a thug, I think he's handled his unhappy situation in Denver pretty well so far. He hasn't really whined, he's just continued working hard.

I know this has been said before a million times, but Melo would be perfect for us right now. We have all of the guys, we're just lacking that one stud to lead this team. Yao would be an awesome #2 guy, and Scola and Brooks/Martin (whichever doesn't go in the trade, if not both) would just round this team out.

From the stories on this thread and some other ones, Melo seems open to playing here. For better or worse, my hopes are high for this. Plus, I know for sure LaLa would love Screwston.

18. worzel gummidge

If this turns out to be true, it's up there with the shopping center eavesdropping scoop.

19. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

haha good ****

20. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

The game strategy was to show Melo just enough ability to respect our potential and just enough inability to feel sorry for us.

Er...we might have overdone the 'inability' part just a tad...