1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dampier to report to Rockets! [UPDATE: JT's agent says Houston-Dampier not happening]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YourSecretLover, Oct 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you must not have seen this slow lumbering foul machine play have you?

He's Brad Miller insurance.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd rather have the Dish than suffer ED.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dampier sucks.

5. toby

toby Member

HE'S A BIG BODY. WILL HELP YAO IN PRACTICE.

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I would really like to see Hayes get some minutes he looked great against the warriors.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Just like the Colts dictated how every other team in their division would build a team, the Lakers have had such an effect this year with the loading up by other contenders of as many big men as they could find. Right now only Boston can match LA's size up front, but if this rumor is true then we enter the conversation as well.

Maybe Dampier looked at our game 2 against the Warriors and realized, "Hey, even though they have Yao and Miller, I could have played 36 minutes in that Golden State game!"

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

No way.

Ish goes to the Vipers and everything is a win-win.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

that's about all he'll be good for.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Its not co-incidence that the Warriors scoring performance he had was a career-high.

You won't see a game from Chuck like that this season again.

lol.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

You're are oblivious to the shot-blocking and enemy intimidation he'll provide just by standing there underneath the basket?

He's a hated former Mav, but hey, lets just look at him as a hired mercenary. No loss all gain.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

100%.

There won't be a trade though. No trade, at all.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

You're oblivious to his slow reactive defense that causes him to foul too much.

He may give you 1 block a game and a stone hands on offense. You should watch him play before you call him, "intimidating". More like, "Easy basket off the P&R"

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Signing Dampier reminds me of when the Rox added Antoine Carr ...I HATED HIM WITH A PASSION until he became a Rocket and then he was just a hard nosed player.

15. hasan08

hasan08 Member

Instead of sending ish to d league can't we send patrick?

At least as long as lowry is Hurt.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Milller is slow,
    Yao is slow, hurt & takes a powder after 24min & on back 2 backs,
    Hayes is short & can't score or rebound shouldn't be playin for a contender,
    Adelman hates Hill,

So Dampier should fit right in to the traveling circus thatis our center position!

Damn I wish Dream was walkin through "that door" right now!

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Its funny how this one move just catapults the rockets into top 4 in the west from my opinion. Battier, Hayes, Lee, Lowry and Jeffries all become much better on the ball defenders with the Dampier signing. Houstons defense should be top 5 in the league now and they finally can match up with anyone. No more midget centers, the team just went from the smallest in the league last season to the biggest this season. Expect to see Yao and Miller on the court together as the season gets older.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No. The Rockets have to cut a player. Can't have more than 15 on the roster.

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Consider we started a 6 6 guy and the Austrilian Brad Miller last year, I'd take that circus anyday. We now have three 7 footers and two 6 11 guys...tall team IMHO.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

You are definitely oblivious to the number one factor that caused Morey to really go after this guy and the one area which we lack BADLY.

REBOUNDING.

Dampier's rebounding skills are very underrated. In less than 24 minutes, he averaged about 7.5 rebounds per game last year. These rebounds will be important to secure the ball when the opposing team takes bad shots. Dampier has large hands and rarely loses rebounds due to his strength and his expertise boxing out. Dampier is a very good offensive rebounder as well and graded over 2 rebounds a game in 24 minutes, this is key because usually, offensive rebounds turn into tip-ins or dunks. Rebounds are important because it gives a team extra possessions, Dampier will aid the Heat with extra possessions like no one else that the Heat have at center.

And his pick and roll defense is definitely better than Yao's. In fact, better than anyone on our team apart from Chuck, perhaps.