1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Aaron Brooks the Worst defensive PG in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Feb 24, 2010.

?

Is Aaron Brooks the worst Defensive PG in the league?

1. Yes

218 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

287 vote(s)
    56.8%
  1. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

From a overall perspective, Martin has always been a terrible defender.
    Martin wasnt holding Ellis the majority of the game, but if he was i'm assuming his offensive wouldnt have been nearly as effecient.

2. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

The JVG years are long gone fellas.....face it. Traditionally, Adelman teams play no D and put up 110 ppg.

The name of the game in Rick's system is score more than the other team. We have one hell of an offense, so sit back and let the season play out. Save the scapegoat blame game for after the season......provided we do not make the playoffs

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Yes I watched the game, as I do all the games. And it was simply as bad match up for us. NOBODY could stop Ellis that night. Not to mention AB has carried twice the load with Lowry out. Ish hasnt had the impact we were hoping and AB has played ALOT of minutes. Chasing a guard like Ellis around all game will throw you off. I dont think it was anything Brooks could do, Ellis was hitting EVERYTHING. Martin was able to have those great numbers because he wasnt holding the best player on the court, it was Brooks. I'm just giving you the facts here

4. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Steve Nash and Chris Paul both suck at defense...

5. somenobody

somenobody Member

I don't want to bash anyone. But I think it is his defensive liability to allow Blake scored 2 consecutive 3 pointers before the end of the third quarter and turn everything round. I also think it is his defensive liability to allow Monta Ellis have the huge explosion. So far, his offense didn't make up his defense liability yet this year. By the way, I am not a big fan of his offense either. He penetrates a lot. But the problem is he doesn't know how to pass the ball or how to finish around the rim after penetration. So his penetrations always accompany with an ugly end of offense. The good thing about his offens is his jumpers. I am just not that into this guy like so many others on this forum.

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Nash and CP both have a much higher IQ than brooks which automatically gives them an advantage playing defense. Nash also is a good charge taker, something people don't notice.

Brooks is who he is. A great 3 point shooter but bad on defense. Ishmael Smith has better defensive instincts than him and quicker hands...it's something that can't be thought.