1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Brock's Intro] UFC 121 Lesnar V. Velasquez

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by robbie380, Oct 16, 2010.

1. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I remember hearing them say that Shields cut 20 pounds in one day which is insane. If Kampmann would have kept that fight standing in the 3rd round, he would have definitely won. I think Shields is going to put on a better performance going forward but I can't imagine him beating GSP.

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

There's no way he cut 20 lbs in one day. He would be dead

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

~The UFC just sent out an official media notice that Dana White would make a "major announcement" on Thursday:
    So what will it be? This could be about Carwin pulling out of his fight. Maybe Brock is retiring. Or maybe the WEC merger is finally happening.

In the past, White has often let down fans with his declarations of major announcements. One of his "stunning" announcements was that Vuvuzelas were being banned from UFC events.~

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/10/26/1775818/dana-white-to-make-major-announcement-thursday

4. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I found it hard to believe also, but that is what Jake Shields is saying. I remember Joe Rogan also mentioned it during the broadcast when Shields seemed to gas out in the 3rd round.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Shields-Cuts-20-Pounds-Barely-Overcomes-Kampmann-27724

5. Asian Sensation

Tito Ortiz is gonna be released? That's not a major announcement right? Fedor is going to be signed? Why would Carwin pull out? I can't see Brock retiring a loser like that. Must be something big.

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

http://www.shane-carwin.com/profile...BlogPost:58868&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_post

7. Fatty FatBastard

It's correctly defined as jump-n-hump.

8. King1

He's definitely exaggerrating big time. 10 lbs in one day would be a huge stretch. He'd have to not eat and completely cut out water all while doing ridiculous cardio to even approach 10. It's just an excuse because he looked bad in the fight.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

fighters/wrestlers cut a lot of weight. tom lawlor cut 15 lbs in 24 hours for the fights.

10. King1

Most I've ever seen was 12 and this was a very famous pro boxer. It was quite possibly the most miserable a person as I've been around until after the weigh in due to the cut. Did Lawlor say this or do you have first hand knowledge? Not questioning you at all but that sounds insane. If he did that the evening before the fight he would have likely put on at least 15 lbs before stepping into the Octagon, and been good for a round, round and a half beofre gassing

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Twenty pounds in a day is an exaggeration, but he probably did it over a few days.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he posted it on mma.tv. lots of fighters post on there.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1717780

#232 robbie380, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  13. King1

He may have but fighters tend to exaggerrate these things. If he really is cutting that type of weight on a frequent basis then he's setting himself up for some major health issues sooner then later. His body is going to shut down on him. If his team cared about him they wouldn't let him do that

Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out for future fighter interview. I only check out Sherdog for MMA

14. King1

That's my opinion as well. You could really do it comfortably in 3 days without it killing your stamina

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

ah yeah you should get on mma.tv. it's great.

lol right now sean mccorkle and stefan struve are going at it on there.

Sean's post
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1714077

Stefan's reply
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1720114&page=1

1 person likes this.
  16. King1

17. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

HAHA! Yeah, I'm on that... Mc Corkle is always posting smack about his opponents... It surprised me that Struve responded. My Interest in that Fight has increased because of their beef on the UG

18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member