1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron "understands" why fans are angry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MD_in_Training, Oct 24, 2010.

1. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I actually agree with Saban.

2. Mr. Space City

oh look, another lebron thread....

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

LeBron has made some questionable decisions.

But it's safe to say people are starting to overblow every little thing the guy does at this point.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nick Saban knows all about how to leave classesly, the way he left the Miami Dolphins.

He's also white.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Like I said in my subsequent post, I appreciate the genuinely good people that are in sports. Its why I have such affection for our current team -- lots of good guys. I just don't get worked up too much over players with the less appealing personalities. Its not worth the aggravation, and it certainly doesn't help add to the enjoyment of the game in my opinion.

6. durvasa

Agree 100%. And its going to be that way all season, which is extremely annoying.

7. durvasa

Oscar Robertson defending LeBron James towards the end was interesting. It looks like he sees some of himself in LeBron.

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=5710768"/></object>

#67 durvasa, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed 100%.

signed -- Tracy McGrady

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Is blowing a 3-1 series lead choking? How about blowing a 20 pt lead at home to an underdog Boston team in the 08 Finals, and losing the final game by almost 40? What about almost getting swept by Detroit in 04, while you post the worst numbers of the series?*

11. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

I don't recall this... when did this happen?

12. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Is that even a real Nick Saban quote? It can't be...

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

Or they are ok with LeBron exercising his rights and showing the league/man that he isn't owned by them, but rather controls his own destiny.

14. Steve_Francis_rules

I can't see the video at work, but Robertson should see a lot of himself in James. They're both outstanding players, arguably the best in the game and stuck wasting their primes with teams that can't put great supporting casts around them.

Unlike Robertson, James was lucky enough to play in the era of free agency, and found himself a better situation instead of waiting for management to do the job for him or trade him to a contender when he's on his last legs.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LeBron James is the black Nick Saban

16. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

They didn't lose to underdog, they overachieved but came short, very different story. It's a team game and individual can only do so much, but there's always a sense who's the underdog before the series.

They did lose to Detroit in 04, but the main reason was that Malone was injured. Plus, that wasn't his team, was it? If Shaq's gonna win the FMVP had they won it, Shaq's the one to shoulder the blame too.

17. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Having the best team in regular seasons in consecutive years is bad management. It's always everybody's fault but LeBron's.

18. Tesla

Tesla Member

When will people learn that anecdotal evidence means nothing?

19. showtang043

showtang043 Member

20. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cdtejCR413c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cdtejCR413c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>