1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Bye

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Look dude, I'm saying when the game was played and now I thought the RBs deserved Co-MVP. I thought Manning played ok, but not greatest of all time good. Rex being on the other side of the field also helped the win. Are you telling me if you could choose who the opposing QB would be against your team in that timeframe you wouldn't have gone with him? He even validated it.

Making the SB isn't easy and my team has nothing to do with this argument aside from the original topic. I just have perspective on things.

As for the twice in the last four years argument, you sound like Disney Sports when they bring up these stats to emphasize a point. My stat would say twice in the last twelve years. Hell, the Pats went from three of four years to three of eleven years.

Of course the dude is going to make the Hall of Fame and he will always be in the discussion of best ever. My point is that he wouldn't get my vote. Maybe in the top five, but that's maybe. If you're team dominates in the regular season you should be able to translate it into more in the postseason. Its not just numbers, its watching the game and not getting everything from just Sportscenter. Maybe its the ADD we have as a people now.

Call it hating, I don't care. The dude is an outstanding QB. He is not however, at this point, October 23 2010 1205 Pacific Time, the best ever.

You and a lot of others seem to forget the previous decades of history the league has. Not to mention the around the clock coverage of any highlight you find and ensuing opinion it brings. Also, would it be fair to state that the league is set up more for passers and receivers than any other time in its history?

Just trying to give perspective. People should calm down with the greatest of all time talk. I've said my peace and believe I've made my case. Its all I can do.

With that said Go Texans.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I guess I can finally get some stuff done around the house tomorrow. I hate bye weeks (it's killing my fantasy team, too...Arian and Peyton both out).

3. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have Schaub, Arian, and Dre.....

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. conquistador#11

The only thing getting me through the bye week is knowing that the rockets season opener is just days away.

7. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Has anyone else been watching the titans and see jason babin making way more plays than our whole defensive line? Looks like he is finally coming into his own. To bad he couldn't do it here.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is it coaching?
    If he doing better . . . . in another team/system
    Maybe it is part on him
    but
    the other part maybe on the coaches here.

Rocket River

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I watched him a couple weeks ago, I forgot who they were playing, but he was dominating the offensive line almost single handedly. He had 3 sacks in that game and even more QB pressures. The guy was definitely bad here, but 3 seasons is pretty quick to throw away a former 1st rounder, regardless of how stupid the pick was.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Babin didn't do much in Seattle.

The Titans org always seems to crank out good DLs.

Something in the water there. Either the system or his teammates.

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Whew... so far so good. We've managed to minimize the damage somewhat.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I still dont see them getting the W this week

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

he's in a four three system, for i believe, the first time in his career.

14. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

Rob Ryan

For all you who keep saying "you cant fire kubiak,theres no one out there,cowher isnt coming here" people, I give you Rob Ryan

Any D coord that can limit the saints to 10 points, I would love to coach the texans.

fire kubiak ,and pay rob ryan whatever it takes , 10 mil a yr

offense has so much talent,it will take care of itself, the D needs a serious coach that knocks people in the mouth...

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Rob ryan was the def coordinator for the Raiders from 2004 to 2008 I believe. Here are the Raiders defensive rankings for those years.

04- 31th
    05- 25th
    06- 18th
    07- 26th
    08- 24th

So you want to pay this guy 10 million a year? YOU IS FOOTBALL GURU!

16. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

I am not a big Kubiak fan, but do you really think a coach can take our same group of players and make them a great defense? Even without quality corners and an average at best dline?

17. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

is anyone feel better that KC put up 42 on jacksonville/ buffalo 500+ on baltimore :confused:

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Wow, what an undeserved win. The Texans did everything in their power to give the Bye the game today. To the defense's credit, they came away with the big turnover to seal the game.

19. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

A win is a win though, I'll take it.

20. DaJet

DaJet Member

What game were you watching?

Our defense sucked ass out there against the Bye. Something is seriously wrong with Cushing, he just hasn't been the same.

Our offense once again bailed us out. :rolleyes: