1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Interested in Varejao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Oct 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

How about Verejao, Scola, and the Knicks 2011 pick swap for Melo?

We would have to send Cleveland an expiring and Hill plus a future first, such as our 2012 first for Andy, then send Andy, Scola, and the Nugs choice of either 2011 or 2012 Knicks pick. Denver gets a new front line with Varejao and Scola as their primary bigs. They can then move Billups for more talent. In fact we could take back Billups for another expiring and more talent in Budinger, etc.

Denver could wind up with the Knicks 2011, Varejao, Scola, Budinger to go along with their young point guard. We could wind up with Melo and Billups with Billups essentially an expiring deal that could be used to trade for CP3 once CP3 wants out of N.O.

If we are interested in Varejao, it is as part of a 3-way deal to Denver for Melo.

2. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Varajao is an injury prone! plus we have JH!we don't need his service on 4 position!

3. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

your sig loses your credibility. this isnt a championship squad. its very good,just not great.

JH gets outmuscled by everyone playing center. Patterson is a better rebounder at the 4 than JH. Patterson> hill.

They dont need varajao just yet, because we have miller/yao, but Id trade JH for Andy in a heartbeat.

varajao>hayes>patterson>hill

Hill just has to many lazy games ,patterson is 100% effort. Hill has more potential ,but heart>potential anyday.

1 person likes this.
  4. DaJet

DaJet Member

Question I asked John Feigan regarding the rumors.

5. Garner

Garner Member

Houston Rockets: All-Hair Team

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Now that Yao is out for the season, and Cavs are struggling terribly despte Varejao's energetic play, I'm getting the feeling that Varejao is smelling more and more like a future Rocket (He is a Rocket, just doesn't have the uniform yet). Varejao has the same smell that Battier, Hayes, Scola, Lee and Lowry has. Annoying flopping pests populate Morey's roster.

1 person likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I would love to get Varejao for the right price. You are right that he plays like a Rocket, and he can finish around the rim with the right passes.

idk what it would take to get him though.

8. anchel

anchel Member

Truth. He's very smart without the ball, could fit offensively too like an improved version of Chuck Hayes. Interesting, Cleveland is a team that could want Brooks.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jeffries expiring?

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

or Lowry in the offseason !

;)

DD

11. Spankie

Spankie Member

Ewwwww, Flopejao??

12. Htown's2kFinest

He basically a double-double with a block or more a game. Plus he can play D. I think he would fit nicely here. Him and Scola together would be something to see.

13. Carl Herrera

Depends on whether they think they can work out a reasonable extension or new contract with him. I believe AV's agent also represnts Kevin Martin and has a pretty good working relationship with Houston's front office.

My initial thinking is that Cavs, especially if they trade AV, will look more to the future than to the present-- so a deal around a 1st round pick, the expiring Jared Jeffries, and perhaps cash would be the starter offier.

14. ThaShark316_28

Lol you acting like we don't lead the league in floppers...

KLow, shane, scola, chuck, martin...

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Wrote this in your "scavenged" thread. Before his huge game against the Knicks.

He would be a huge help.

Although I have another conspiracy theory... I think we are after something bigger. HINT:

The seed of destruction was planted. Morey cometh to reap the rewards.

16. Carl Herrera

Ariza as the Trojan Horse?

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I hate hate hate Varejao and his stupid ass smirk.

But that said, the guy is extremely effective defensively and he cuts the basket for easy buckets quite often. I can see why Morey is targeting him. I think he is overpaid but he would be an upgrade at starting C for us and would probably get us up to 50 wins.

If you can get Iggy and Krusty without moving any of your starting five I think you could have a 50-54 win team going forward.

Brooks
    Martin
    Iggy
    Scola
    Varejao

is solid if nothing else.

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

:)

Mo' Morey Mo' problems

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I love Varajao. He is basically like Martin, hate him when he is not on your team.

20. anchel

anchel Member

And this guy?

Yes, a little bit injury prone, but still young. DeAndre Jordan is playing good, some fans talk about a future trade involving Kaman...