1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Martin Vents Over Playing Time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Because he scores the ball a lot better than either of those guys (please don't bring up Stacy's stats from 8 years ago).

2. opticon

opticon Member

I can tell you right now the answer is no. Morey Flat out said that Lee cant guard guys like Brandon Roy because they are to strong.

Dwade , Lebron, Rudy Gay , Kobe , Pierce are to strong for Lee to guard.

These are the kind of guys Shane guards. We need need a solid 2 way player at the 3.

3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

start complaining about preseason coaching & minutes, with the head coach out? ... Martin is staking his territory re mins.

if, as some media types have suggested, playing time becomes an issue, it won't be hard to track its genesis.

4. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

Martin is better than Brooks, a better teamplayer than brooks, brooks is a sg stuck in a pg body,so Ill pick the 6'7 martin.

Martin is also RA's boy.

Lowry is a better player than Lee. That means Martin should play more,and Brooks is easily replaceable with Lowry.

Brooks also is playing to get paid so he isnt passing to no one. Once Kings offer him 10+ mil next summer we lose him for nothing.Signing him would be lux tax hell.

Brooks is gone before trade deadline imo.

Martin and Yao are the leaders of this team. I would say Scola but Martin is more vocal and better.

martin and iggy are deja vu this year as last year. Martin hurt his wrist early on,slightly overpaid,on bad team,and Rockets get him. Iggy just injured his wrist,is slightly overpaid and on bad team. Brooks+Lee+battier for iggy. Addition by subtraction.

5. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I know this is just pre-season, but seeing a red hot Martin removed from the game because we want to stick to a rotation got me wondering. Will Adelman stay with the hot hand or be more inclined to keep his rotation? I would definitely stay with the hot player, no matter even if it's Yao Ming. Martin appeared to be really feeling it in the last several games, looked like he could easily went for 50. Martin has a point about being in the game during "crunch" time, but I believe this situation is also a concern.

6. mFt82

mFt82 Member

I agree that it's probable that Brooks will be traded before the all-star break. His value is very high and, if the rocks could get Andre iguodala for him + change, then so be it. Whatever makes this team better.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

and what would philly want with brooks?

8. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

IT'S FRIGGIN PRESEASON YOU NUMBSKULLS! ADELMAN WASN'T EVEN COACHING!

Some want to whine and complain so they can see what they wrote. :rolleyes:

9. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

-Brooks cries to the media, you guys demand he be traded

-Mcgrady cries to media, you guys call him a scumbag

Kevin Martin cries to the media and you call it "killer instinct"?

If you can actually look outside of your personal perception of the player, theres really no difference in how they handled there issues with the organization, through the media. You guys said Brooks should "shut up and play" and not talk about his issue. Shouldnt Martin just "shut up and play"? :confused:

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What do you mean you guys? I never demanded Brooks be traded nor did I hear many people do it other than a few idiots.

As for McGrady-- Martin made one comment about one preseason game asking for playing time to work on chemistry with the starting unit. McGrady has been declaring himself ready when not, announcing surgery on his website, making promises later broken repeatedly, throwing teammates under the bus for years. Not the same situation at all.

You people need to just go away.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAlVKgl_zCQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAlVKgl_zCQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11. DaJet

DaJet Member

How on Earth did Rubio become a superstar?

LOL, he hasn't even stepped on foot on an NBA court and you have him mentioned in the same sentence as future HOF's such as CP3 or Carmelo? SMH.

12. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets will have to make some sort of multi-player trade. They just don't have the minutes to keep everyone happy.

13. DaJet

DaJet Member

What do you have in mind?

Not trying to be an ass or anything, just curious?

We need to do one of those 3 for 1 type deals netting us an upgrade at the SF slot.

Battier is declining and Budinger isn't ready, at least not yet.

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Brooks cried about money and McGrady had nothing to prove. He was clearly out of shape and not ready to play.

Martin only wants the chance to be better. He isn't even in a contract season and he is vastly improved. He has no other motivation. He simply wants to be better. If he had an exterior motive like the other 2 you said, then yeah it's whining.

But he only wants to get better. Let the coaches Know he wants minutes. Amen.

15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Great post.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I like Martins fire to play. I think this is not about Lee or Martins time. I think they both should be playing. Which means Battier shouldnt. He isnt the scorer Lee is or defender. Then Batttier isnt the Scorer or go to guy Martin is. I think this is about Lee and Martin and they both should play more and Battier less. its not about minutes and not enough of them. Its about who is getting too much of them.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's ridiculous..lee isn't a SF and he's going to have trouble guarding them.
    You dont even know what the minute breakdown will be and you're complaining that battier is getting too many of them? You also completely disregard Bud's role in all of this.

Why do you use Martin's better offense as a reason to play him over battier, yet you dont bring up battier's better defense? The better balance wouldnt be two play the better offensive players (lee and martin) with mostly offensive players like brooks, Scola and Miller (half the time). I think the Suns already proved it doesnt work out in the end.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You are going to find out that the best 1-2-3 perimeter combo for this season is going to be Lowry, Martin, and Lee. Those three are simply thes best combination of efficient shooting, 3 point shooting, passing, and good defense of any combinations we can put out there.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Martin is annoying, and a fairy, and probably a diva as well.

I like his effectiveness though.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And if that's the case, that's fine...but i believe he was refering to the starting lineup and Brooks and Lowry are almost opposite players.