1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(11/2/2010: Poll Added) Open Discussion: New "Football" Forum

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2010.

?

How would you like to break up the Sports section of the BBS?

1. 3 FORUMS: 1. All Football (w/Texans). 2. All Baseball (w/Astros) 3. All Other Sports

89 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. 2 FORUMS: 1. Houston Sports 2. All Other Sports (NFL, MLB, College, etc.)

39 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. No changes (Houston Sports & Football Forum. All other sports remain in Hangout).

24 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm all for it. It'd be easier to discuss football. Great idea.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I say create a sub-forum for each of the major sports.

MLB and NFL.

Lump NHL, Nascar, Soccer, Golf, etc into a third one.

So basically...

Nothing But .NET
    -Feedback

Let's Talk Rocks
    -NBA Dish
    -GARM
    -College BBall/Draft

Other Sports
    -Football
    -Baseball
    -Other (Nascar, NHL, Soccer, Golf, etc)

Hangout
    -Hangout
    -D&D
    -Classifieds

I would also suggest eliminating the fantasy sports forum and putting those threads into their respective forums under "Other Sports", that, or moving the "Fantasy Sports" forum under the "Other Sports" category (not putting it with nascar, etc, but giving it its own forum)

#22 DonnyMost, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i fear change

1 person likes this.
  4. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

change it up #1, separate forum for texans/NFL and astros/MLB, combine the rest in to a third.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Why not keep the Houston sports forum and just add a Hangout: Other Sports to cover the MLB, NFL, College FB etc. Those threads have been put into the Hangout up til now and it's worked well enough. Just separate the general Hangout topics from general Sports and that should be fine IMO.

Also I think the International Bball/College/Draft forum should merge with the NBA forum. The International bball forum doesn't really generate enough discussion for it's own forum. I bet you could merge it with the NBA forum and not miss a beat.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I disagree about the college basketball stuff being included in Dish. Maybe international pro basketball, but Dish gets quite a bit of traffic, already. Adding college to it would produce confusion and clutter, IMO. (clutter being a point of view, obviously!)

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I say we maintain the "Houston sports" forum but simply add one more forum called "other sports"

That way, texans news can stay where they are.

but NFL, college, soccer etc. news won't clutter up the hangout.

8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

All I know is I'm going to go to the house of the next person to post "wrong forum" in a UH football thread put in "Houston Sports" and make 'em eat my s***, then **** out my s***, then eat their s*** which is made up of my s*** that I made 'em eat.

1 person likes this.
  9. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I say we add a "Music" forum :cool:

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I prefer your first suggestion on "Texans and NFL". But expand it to Texans and other football. And leave it in Houston sports. There isn't that much discussion on college ball except for Texas teams and the few highschool threads are also Texas based. Fewer forums the better. No need for subforums.

(consider breaking out the Astros and change the title to "Astros and MLB"; and appease the footy crowd by breaking out the Dynamo and adding "other soccer" to capture the premier league stuff. but call it 'soccer' give it second billing to MLS and rank it last -- just so they don't get too smug :).).

Leave Hockey in the Hangout. The only time it's discussed is playoffs and fights. I agree with m-cable on considering college into DISH.

See what happens when you propose reno's. Suddenly the project expands and expands and everyone has an opinion on what to change. Not much different from home renovations.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Right now, there are 2 people viewing the Draft, etc. forum and 8 viewing the Houston sports forum. I really don't think we need more things moved to Dish, where 57 people are checking it out.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I like this. I don't know if there's enough interest for baseball and football to be active seperately, you guys know better.

I was thinking more along the lines of, I don't follow football or baseball at all, but if they were in another forum with tennis/soccer/other, then I would be very tempted to occasionally peak into football/baseball threads and learn a thing or two - mainly because I think there would be more commentary on specific sports, and less people coming into threads and making random comments.

13. msn

msn Member

I may be in the minority here, but I love the "Houston sports" forum, and being able to check everything except Rox in one place.

I don't have a lot of time to navigate through a lot of fora and subfora; the "Astros, Texans, Dynamo" is the best place on the 'net right now to talk Houston sports (sans Rox).

What if you do the below?

<hr>
    <b>NOTHING BUT .NET</b>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;ClutchFans.net Feedback

<b>Let's Talk Rocks</b>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;NBA Dish
    &nbsp;&nbsp;Houston Rockets 2011: GARM
    &nbsp;&nbsp;NBA Draft 2011: College & Int'l

<b>Other Sports</b>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;Houston Sports: Texans, Astros, Dynamo
    &nbsp;&nbsp;NFL Dish
    &nbsp;&nbsp;MLB Dish
    &nbsp;&nbsp;NCAA Dish

<b>Hangout</b>
    ....etc....

1 person likes this.
  14. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

A Football one would be great, but isn't CF.net at it's core a Basketball site?

I'm fine with all the other sports lumped in Hangout or Houston Sports.

15. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I actually agree with this. I think it is a great idea.

Texans should stay in the Houston Sports section.

Threads such as NFL Week 1 or whatever should go in the new NFL dish and so on.

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Isn't that more of a reason to combine the two since there's not that much discussion in the International/college forum anyway. So adding that small amount to the NBA forum wouldn't make much difference. For instance if you were to merge the two forums right now, only 2 college threads would even show up on the first page of the forum.

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

That sounds good but the problem is that there's a "college basketball" forum already... so NCAA Dish is redundant (or it becomes "NCAA football" only... which is weird)... might as well lump college and pro together into their respective sport forums

18. SunsRocketsfan

Good idea.. and Vincent Jackson is returning to the chargers!! Hooraayyy!!

haha no one probably cares about that here. .and yes yes the Charger do suck so far this year

19. msn

msn Member

Makes sense. So that last one could be ”College Football Dish”.

20. Major

Major Member

If there were separate MLB, NFL, and College Football forums, how many threads would be posted each week in each one?