1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers forum on Rockets: Don't Sleep on Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by underrated015, Oct 19, 2010.

1. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

But Hayes has been playing backup to Scola all preseason. Miller's play won't effect Hayes PT, unless Miller plays poorly, giving more minutes to Hill at C, leaving more for Hayes at PF.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yep:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EqPN3mdx9sw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EqPN3mdx9sw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't know why anyone would say Chuck isn't a great passer. If you watch him at all, you know that he has great vision and that he can thread the needle with the best of them. He doesn't rack up the assists because his job is pretty much to transfer the ball from one person the next. When he does have the opportunity to pass it to someone that is on the verge of taking a shot, he makes it with great precision every time.

4. CFMars

CFMars Member

"Don't forget, 75% of the world is covered by water... the rest is covered by Chuck Hayes." - quote from a laker fun

LOL

1 person likes this.
  5. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Very important move that is rarely talked about during the last play was how Artest sealed of Bowen so he couldn't come in to help D up Scola on the pass.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What gives you that notion? All the good teams do their preparation. Houston is not the only team,that is a potential threat when healthy.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bingo! I agree.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I miss Carl Landry.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

you saying that chuck hayes can't pass? :p

10. DESMONDDD

DESMONDDD Member

This is awesome :grin:

11. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

LOLLL from the lakers board.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'm watching him with Sac right now... not nearly as much fun as when he was with us. He doesn't seem to smile as much.

13. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

That quote with the 75% of the earth is a Shane Battier quote from last season- the laker fan didn't make it up...

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He'll be back after this season.

15. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I think Battier actually said that in an interview.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I have $100 on the Rockets covering the spread on opening day. I think they will flat out beat them on Ring day...out of the gates knowing who they are and how they want to play earlier than other teams. Then we see if the Rockets can withstand the NBA catching up to them.

17. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Their offense sucks. And they don't seem to run anything for Carl specifically, in spite of the fact he seems to be one of the better players on their team.

I don't doubt he enjoyed the equal opportunity offense in Houston more...

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Relatively speaking, their defense sucks, not their offense. Or do you mean their *style* of offense sucks, especially for guys like Landry.

They really wanted Cousins and got him. It's all about him and Tereke now.

19. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Exactly. You could say the same thing about half of the teams in the West.

20. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

the lakers have no idea whats about to hit them

our biggest matchup problem is bynum and hes not there, kobe is injured, and they think yao is done. they dont know yao is back,they dont know how good miller is, they dont know about lowry or budinger, they dont know martin is better than ever

it will be close because of refs,i expect refs to do everything to get the lakers the win, but the rockets will be attacking like rabid dogs and i hope ming doesnt get into foul trouble