1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady feeling healthy in Motor City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by htownrox1, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

some very telling quotes in here - i dont think mcgrady has gotten it yet - he still thinks he can get his 'explosiveness' back and be his old self from pre-2007.

how can he still need to be working back into shape after all this time? and wouldnt preseason games be the time to do that - not the regular season.

notice the end of the article where mcgrady says he will be ready to go for the opener and the coach says its a day-by-day thing. it would not surprise me at all if he never plays.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's not an idiot. He knows he won't be the T-Mac of old, but he probably wants to reach his maximum potential with his post-surgery knee. Maybe it is possible for him to get at least dunking level.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i think he might be.

it seems like he truly thinks he can be the t-mac of old once again - and its either that or he wont play.

he told us a year ago that he was ready to go and when he only got 8 minutes a game publicly complained about it. in february when he got traded to the knicks he said he was 100%, but how did that work out? and now he ends up playing one pre-season game and then pulling himself out of the lineup.

[​IMG]

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Man, I just feel sorry for the guy now...is he really this oblivious to his condition? It's like everyone else knows except him...and its HIS body! WTF.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

McGrady opening his flapper and showing delusional tendencies is something Rockets fans are very familiar with. What a loser. One of my pet peeves in life are people who continually talk the talk, fail to back it up and continue to talk expecting people to believe them.

Anybody who believes what McGrady says here is just as delusional as he is. Kuester's brief comments are all you need to know about the situation. Just skip the McGrady blather.

6. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

i think i will vomit if i read another article of the EXACT same verbage. i really wish the best for the guy but i just wish they would stop bugging him about it. he is clearly not ready and will not be ready possibly ever again to play the type of ball he is used to playing.

the cycle is

I feel 99.9494859305% back to normal, I've been working my ass off and I'm ready to make an impact

then....

Well you can't just immediately come back and do "X" activity, I've had some set backs and I just gotta take it one step at a time.

followed by

ITS ON ME...kind of.

good luck mac, i'm just too tired of reading these same bs articles.

7. RedRedemption

I'm really hoping that even if McGrady sucks, he'll at least be able to get out of the 1st round...

It'll be hard trying to live down a career filled with disappointment.

8. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

He'll be waived sooner or later. By the end of the season he'll be out of the league and on his way to china.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

hogwash. the heat is on. eventually he will be taking his talents to south beach.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How hard is it with $100+ million in the bank?

I'll answer for you: Not very.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yup. Tmac did well in the money making department. as long as he's not as dumb as Pippen buying Jet airplanes, he'll be ok.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

If I'm not mistaken, Tmac was renting his private jet. :)

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You ARE mistaken.

:)

DD

14. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Tim Grover falls in a faint?

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

What talents? Everyone in the league knows he's washed up.

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Tired legs? Really Tmac?

[​IMG]

Knee-Mac has logged eight minutes in the preseason. And his legs are already weary. Remember: This is what Tracy said back in late August:

"There's no question [I get back to being an elite player]. There is no question. Yes, because my body feels good. I'm in great shape. I'm in better shape than I've been in for the last three years. I'm a lot leaner. I'm telling you, a lot of people are going to be shocked. That's all I've got to say."

Since then? Eight preseason minutes. But I'm sure it's all just precautionary. Kind of like how you have to cover fragile things in layer after layer of bubblewrap before you can mail them anywhere. Because otherwise they'll break. Easily.

I'm sure this will end well.

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2010/10/tracy-mcgrady-has-tired-legs.html

17. RedRedemption

Well if Stackhouse got a contract with the Heat...

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Tracy made it very clear that he'd love to join the Big 3 for nothing more then Vet min since that is all they had left to offer him (since giving Mike the full MLE). And the Heat's response? {insert cricket sounds}. So he signs with the Pistons. A team going nowhere but is willing to give you a shot (and gets a cheep way to sell season tickets on the hope and hype - it was a slow off season for them). And yet 8 minutes into preseason, he still looks bad. Really bad. And when Tracy has horrible games, he has an excuse to go with it - like has tired legs. If he can't hang with the Pistons through preseason, I really don't think a team that rejected him a few months ago will give him a second thought. The Heat doesn't need the publicity or drama. They need someone who can play and it's pretty evident that Tracy can't.

19. sw847

sw847 Member

i can't be bothered going through the numerous pages in this thread.

so quick question guys, why has tmac only played 1 game this preseason for only 8 min?

is he injured again? or just precautionary?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He sucks.

DD