1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your League Pass lineup?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by withmustard, Oct 18, 2010.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I will be purchasing the online league pass this year and I must choose 7 teams to follow. I'm extremely loyal to the Rockets and I'm having a hard time choosing my other teams.

I'd like to know which teams would you choose and why.

The Rockets are obviously my number one pick, but only you guys know who my number 2 pick is. That's right, the Knicks. I can't wait to hate. Lets not forget, a Knicks L is as sweet a Rocket W.

With the Rockets and Knicks number 1 and 2, i expect people to say the Heat a bunch. I don't think i'm gonna choose them because i'm sure nearly half of their games on gonna be on TV, so why pay. The same applies to the Lakers. I live in San Marcos so i also get Spurs games.

So far I think Rockets, Knicks, Thunder, Bulls, Washington(Wall), Detroit(curious about t-mac), Clippers( Griffin) and whoever.

What do you guys think?

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Rockets, Thunder, Heat, Lakers, Kings ? ?

I probably will only watch Rockets games but will catch a few Thunder games and the Heat are just going to be fun to watch so i'd like the option from there I just really don't care so i'll add the two I have because they are fun to watch and figure the rest out later.

3. Classic

Classic Member

I'd follow OKC for sure. Detroit would be a dissapointment.

I'd go:

OKC
    Chicago
    Lakers
    Rockets
    Boston
    Miami

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I got Houston, Miami, New York, Chicago, OKC, Portland, and Boston.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I was thinking about getting league pass, if it worth the price?

6. ashiin

ashiin Member

I got league pass but where do I pick my 7 teams?

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

im kinda stuck on my last few teams too
    So far I'm at:
    houston
    sacramento
    miami
    oklahoma city
    chicago

then stuck between wizards-clippers-knicks-trailblazers
    could care less about the lakers and celtics, theyre on national tv every other day anyways & I'd rather not watch gasol and garnett b**** during my spare time

8. across110thstreet

for the League Pass Broadband "choice" option, it is currently priced at an early bird rate of $110. I'm not sure how this compares to League pass through your local cable provider and NBA, but it went up $20 since last season and it might include a few more upgrades to the archive dvr format, as well as home/away listening options.

the Premium Broadband package is $180, which is comparable to the whole cable package. you might as well get the cable package over the Premium Broadband, as LPBB is included in the cable package's bundle.

in the Broadband Choice package, you cannot pick your 7 teams until the first day of the season.

9. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Rockets (of course)
    Celtics (Von)
    Magic (Redick)
    Heat (curious like everyone else)
    Thunder (Durant and Westbrook)
    Wizards (Wall, Arenas, and Yi)
    Raptors (Kleiza and DeRozan)

10. blink52y

blink52y Member

11. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

if you watch the rockets from houston it will be blacked out but if you watch them while your away in lets say california then it wont be blacked out

12. blink52y

blink52y Member

I see. So no way around this one, ehy?

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'll be following the Kings, Wizards, Pistons, OKC, Orlando and Boston to some extent.

Mostly Rockets Wizards and Kings :)

My league pass is on the tv though, so I can follow any of the teams.

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Rockets
    Lakers
    Heat
    Celtics
    Thunder
    Bulls
    Magic

15. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

1.Rockets

2.Heat-Would like to see how Big 3 works

3.Detroit-Would like to see if all the Positive Tmac talks is BS like always or Not.

4.Lakers-I want to make sure if it comes down to the last month, if the Rockets and Lakers will be battling for that #1 West Spot, Im going to want to keep a close eye on this race.

5.Knicks- Sinse we have there pick, have to see how good or bad this team really is.

6.Boston Celtics- With Shaq in town, you have to follow the Big 4 to determine who's better, Miami or Boston.

7.Oklahoma Thunder- Uprising team in the West, how good will this team really be?

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's strange. I don't recall having to choose 7 teams. I think it shows all the games except the local ones.

17. across110thstreet

we are discussing the Broadband "Choice" Package, through the Internet, not on tv...

unless you are mentioning the Broadband "Premium" package, which airs all games except local and nationally broadcast on ABC. TNT, ESPN or NBAtv

the Premium Package is automatically included when you purchase League Pass through your cable company for your television.

18. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

the premium package is kinda expensive though.
    anyway multiple people (2-3) can share that thing?

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

In your situation, I would choose the following:

Rockets
    Thunder
    Heat
    Magic
    Lakers
    Bulls
    Trailblazers

I understand the desire to pass on the Heat and Lakers, but they are the two best teams on paper, and while on national tv a lot, not always. Though, keep in mind, most of the Lakers home games will be late starts in the central time zone, if that impacts you.

I think it would be fair to choose the Clippers and Wizards to replace two of the above if you are really interested in seeing the likely two most exciting rookies this year.

I can't fathom choosing Detroit. T-Mac fan or not, it won't be a fun team to watch.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

rockets
    knicks
    thunder (durant is my favorite player to watch at the moment)
    heat

after that im not sure, but those 4 are easy choices.

i guess now that i think about it i would pick three teams that have a chance of fighting the rockets for playoff seeding at the end of the year.

sooooo.

LA lakers
    dallas mavs
    utah jizzies

can someone tell me if this package is like a dvr. meaning could i come home the night after a game at 2 am and start the game from the beginning, or even the next day watch the game a second time?