1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Over (Rashard Lewis Signs with the Sonics)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kayman, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I guess I thought it was so bad, that I took you seriously. :p

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Thursday, September 19

Lewis to stay in Seattle with seven-year deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

SEATTLE -- The Seattle SuperSonics re-signed free agent forward Rashard Lewis to a seven-year contract Thursday.

Financial terms of the deal were not immediately disclosed.

''Seattle is where I started my NBA career and it is the city in which I wanted to continue it,'' Lewis said. ''Last year was very exciting and I have always felt that my future here is promising.''

Lewis, 23, averaged a career-high 16.8 points and seven rebounds in 71 games for Seattle last season, his fourth with the Sonics. He led the team in rebounding, was second in scoring, and had 16 double-doubles.

''I am extremely happy to have Rashard back as part of this team,'' coach Nate McMillan said. ''He is a very coachable player and an important key to the Sonics future, and we are all eager to start training camp in two weeks.''

He was chosen with the 32nd pick of the 1998 draft by the Sonics out of Alief Elsik High School in Alief, Texas.

In 251 career games, Lewis has averaged 12.2 points and 5.6 rebounds. During the 2000-01 season, he was ninth in the NBA in 3-point shooting percentage.

''We are very excited that Rashard is returning to the Sonics,'' general manager Rick Sund said. ''Re-signing him represents another important piece in a successful summer of shaping our roster.''

3. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I'm glad he didn't come to houston.

He's not even that good anyways.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Thank god this is over! And that also shoots down the people who were saying that the Rockets weren't wooing Lewis. If "wooing" him was the main thing Lewis would have signed with Dallas.

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I repeat: Thank God that's over.

To quote pippendagimp in the Hangout:

<i>This is the longest offseason ever.</i>

In fact, that's my new sig...

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I agree Jeff. Thank goodness the whole mess is over.

Go count your money Rashard, and have fun doing it. I would.

7. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Another guy throwing a leather ball through a metal ring with a net worth of more than 99% of the corporations out there...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....................

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Vertucon made $10 billion alone last year, Dr. Evil. :D

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Phew...now can we start the Cato bashing threads again? Those are actually fun.

10. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

Piss on Lewis he's gonna be Eddie's b**** next season

11. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

it all came down to economics....would any of us walked away from 60 mil and another 15 for 4.5 per????????

thanks for playin!!!! he was never really going anywhere once Dallas and Houston said no way to pay!!! Also, notice how not many teams were willing to put up a deal anywhere close to this. That tells you the overvalued he is by Seattle and Rashard is big on himself....

dude is not worth more than 6-7 mil in reality....let's see if he really earns it?

12. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Nobody is "worth" that to play basketball. The whole thing is completely out of whack, from parking your car, to tickets, to concessions all the way to paying players. :mad:

13. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

You guys are really hard on a guy that may want to make more money instead of coming home.

If you could make more money away from home wouldn't you go? I mean COME ON! Especially since some of the same clowns that wanted him to come here woud have been the same one's to "piss" on him if he didn't avg. 20 pts. a night.

We've got a great squad, Seattle is happy, Rashard is happy, so calm yalls asses down and find something else to b**** about.

14. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

AB- weren't you the one who teased the fact that Shard's ex-girlfriend had a phone conversation with Lewis & she then told you that he was going to sign with the Rockets. Whatever happened with that?

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I don't really blame him for taking the bigger contract, but personally it would be a difficult decision considering Seattle is likely not going to make the playoffs for IMO the foreseeable future. Then again he is very young so he may end up on a winner eventually. Also he thinks he's on Kobe's level so maybe he really believes he'll be able to lead that team somewhere - HAHAHAHA ;)

16. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

He's in for a long ride if they don't get something real good in the Payton scenario.

17. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I ain't his girlfriend homeboy, I only communicated what was communicated to me. Here's a thought, maybe he changed his mind?!??!!

Don't try to make me the bad guy, I'm OK with my contract.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm betting that AB is actually Kelvin Cato.

19. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

AB- I was just seeing what you knew homeslice. I didn't mean any harm, I just remembered you had that connection to the Rashard updates. Keep on keepin' on. Go Rox!

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We all know AB is comedian. His website has been posted here before.

AB, when you coming to Austin. I'll be sure to come see ya.