1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remington College

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by amazinghappens, Oct 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. amazinghappens

Hey guys, I wanted to ask if anyone has attended Remington college or knows of taking classes there. I was thinking about doing business administration.

I wanted to know what the alumni experience has been with job searches, and if this is worth they money. Thanks for your help.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I would recommend you go to a community college instead, get your associates degree with really good grades and then transfer to a four-year college for the alst two years of your Bachelor's. If you're in the Houston area, there are quite a few around; all of which will allow you to transfer to one of the local public universities: U of H-Clear Lake, U of H-Downtown or TSU.

Credits from for-profit colleges don't transfer, because they have fake accreditations and made-up curriculum. Their "admissions counselors" are sales-people: nothing more, nothing less.

As someone with a Finance degree, I can tell you that Business Administration curriculum isn't very difficult and lots of people do it: which means for the degree to be of any value, you have to get your Bachelor's from an AACSB accredited school, and either get a marketable major (Accounting or MIS) or keep your grades really high (3.5 GPA or above).

Also, if you want to work in something business-related, figure out a major before you get too far in your studies:

Accounting - If you do well enough, you can sit for your CPA after college. Plus, most of the finance/banking jobs and alot of non-technical energy jobs are accounting-related. If you major in Accounting, you should probably also minor in Finance or MIS.

Marketing - Do this if you want to work in sales, advertising or just about any retail management job. You should probably get a minor in either Management or Communications.

Management Information Systems - This is a computer-related degree; it's similar to a Computer Science degree, but it has much easier math and more business-related classes. You will take some programming courses, but you would probably end up doing more tech-support or IT project management with this degree. If you do this, you should probably also go to New Horizons and get some tech certifications like MCSE or Oracle DBA.

3. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

What's the point of college? If you can't answer this question then you should attend Remington College.

4. amazinghappens

thanks I was just wondering because it seemed like they had some good programs.

5. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

Aren't you getting your MS Accountancy from UH? Why are you asking about Remington?

6. amazinghappens

No I'm looking to do a business administration degree at West Chase location, MS Accountancy?

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Is it run by the same people who make Remington razors?

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! they will rip your arse off in a heartbeat. Just go to a uofh or a community college.

Might as well give me the money (for a good cause) so I can pay rocketgirl on what I owe her

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Uh, no; that would be Remington Steele. (Ba-da-da-da da, ba-da-da-da-da da, ba-da-da-da-da da-da....)