1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady feeling healthy in Motor City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by htownrox1, Sep 28, 2010.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think McGrady has mental issues, not physical ones anymore. He has a low threshold for pain, and is so timid and scared of re-injuring his back or his knee, or anything else that he's even more over sensitive to any pain, soreness, tightness, or anything out of the ordinary that he feels.

Also a mental issue, is that he can't get over the other mental issue, and his oversensitivity is causing him to not play the way he was accustomed to. He had such talent and the game came easily to him. He believed that would always be the case. When it wasn't the case anymore his weak mental condition made it hard to deal with, and he's been looking for a way to explain it not only to the outside world but to himself.

He has no idea why he can't do the things he always did before. So he grasps on to whatever possible reasons he can find. The injuries and getting in shape must be it according to his mind. He just hasn't looked hard enough and dealt with his mental fear and weakness to really address the problem. I don't know if he ever will.

That doesn't make him a bad person, but it is someone who isn't living up to their potential and is more or less worthless to a basketball team.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Anyone else find it strange that the guy supposedly has a severely damaged back and that was an on again, off again issue his whole career (even after the Waco doctor to some extent) yet the minute he gets a new major injury it seems the back is 100% healed?

I haven't heard so much as "his back is sore" in a long, long time. When he played here it was a game to game issue even when he was healthy.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just before his knee and shoulder aches he stated that he discovered a new method that completely fixed his back. But... my memory might be iffy, that was about three-four years ago.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His back, yes, you mean when he allegedly faked the back injury so he could attend to the out of wedlock child court case in Orlando?

That injury?

Or the alleged Scoliosis, that only TMac himself says he has.....

Yeah....Hey Peter, do you see any wolves?

DD

5. blink

blink Contributing Member

you ladies sure do love the gossip of basketball.

prime tmac was amazing to watch and put the rockets back into playoff contention. be happy with that, geez.

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

But T-Mac is evil, evil I tell ya!

Hide ya kids, hide ya wifes! T-Mac is comin 4 yo ass!

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

So are you saying he doesn't have back problems at all?

And you think he is lying about having Scoliosis?

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It looked pretty convincing when he collapsed on the court in apparent paralysis several times during his tenure with the Rockets.

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

what "gossip" - we are talking facts here TOF.

ok.

none of that changes the fact that he quit on our team during a game, constantly threw his teammates under the bus, called the lakers to win it all while we were still in the playoffs and about to face them and caused a distraction his last season here by whining about not getting minutes and complaining about how he was 100% and the rockets were holding him back.

look TOF, he has left every team he has played for on bad terms (maybe ny doesnt hate him, but he wasnt really there long enough for them to know the real t-mac) - at some point you need to ask yourself if its the rockets, magic and raptors organizations and all their fans or is it t-mac.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

wow, i won't even respond to this. if you don't know what you're talking about, please just don't say anything.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

orlando doctors suggested back surgery the first offseason. tmac declined b/c it would keep him out an entire year.

i don't know how you can fake that.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, I am saying that he lied about the time he had them in Houston when he actually went to Orlando to take care of his "situation"

I have no idea, but I have not read one credible person talking about it.

DD

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I am not surprised. But not because what some trainer or coach said. The kid has mental problems. He got surgery to stop a trade. He has never been the same. The lie has destroyed his mind and career. He still has talent. He still has athleticism. I have watched him show it in New York and for moments in Houston before he was traded.

I actually he might go out and play with a vengeance to show Houston and the world we were wrong. Instead he went the other way. He continues to say stupid things like., "Chicago needs me and Boozer to win"; "I am going to show all those teams that passed on me"; "I am not going to talk anymore" and then never stopping.

I think there is a part of him who never wants to perform more than he is being paid for. It's like if he performs at a higher level than what he is being paid he is cheating himself. So right now he is going to perform at a less than minimum level salary player.

In the end his brain is what is failing him. That is what he needs to rehabilitate.

1 person likes this.
  14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Tmac faked his whole career, folks. Nothing that we saw, actually happened. He pulled an Inception, before the movie, Inception. Yup, we all were mined raped by McGrady. There is no Tracy McGrady. He represents our negative side that we all have.

2 people like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FALSE,

no way Tmac could do inception, he could never get past the first layer of the dream.

Freddy Kreuger couldn't get him to the second layer of dreams.

#215 tinman, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  16. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

I noticed this on the side of the piston's website:

[​IMG]

lol :grin:

There saying that he'll play in regular season and his being shut down for preseason was not unexpected.

17. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I was just scanning the box scores....

McGrady has played 8.5 minutes in Detroit's 6 preseason games, and that was all during 1 game. Apparently he is now working with Detroit's strength coach doing more rehab. If he played for New York last year, then spent the entire summer working hard again, I don't know why he couldn't just jump in and play?

http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-pistons/2010/10/16/1755650/tracy-mcgrady-pistons-detroit

Anyway, I assume sitting out of the preseason is a combination of the following:
    1) Tmac is delusional about himself. He is probably better than before, but doesn't realize it isn't good enough yet.
    2) Tmac is incapable of communicating with other people, including his doctors, trainers, and coaches. He can't evaluate how he feels, so he says everything is great... until he fails, so he says he needs surgery... until blah blah. As a result, everyone gets mad at him because he appears to be lying (he isn't smart enough to lie).
    3) Tmac likes basketball and puts in the effort sometimes during games and in the playoffs, but doesn't rehab as hard as he thinks he does. Therefore he probably is not in game shape yet.
    4) Tmac can't adjust to not being a basketball god. Rather than adjusting his game and doing what he is capable of well, he will continue to try and be what he once was. Therefore the coaches don't know what to do with a guy that won't give up the ball to their PG and continues to walk it up the court.
    5) Everyone around him wants to believe he is going to be great again, so just like Tmac, they convince themselves that he is.

1 person likes this.
  18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Tmac never got to incept with a Freddy Kreuger or a Tall Man, he was goin into dreams by himself. It's cool though, he's feeling better than ever, just needs a few more months to get into shape.

19. blink

blink Contributing Member

lol im a TOF?

sorry i dont like bashing tmac like you guys.

who did he throw under he bus?

sucks he called the lakers to win it all but did they? you act like we even had a chance or as if tmac lied or something. stop being so dramatic, tmac called it like he saw it, the lakers won the chip. we werent/arent doing ****, i can be realistic about it, why cant you? do you think it'd affect the other players? if you think so, then youre making them seem weaker minded than they are.

jordan has his gambling problem and *******'ness, kobe's a rapist, lebron is a egomaniac, melo is a queen, same with bosh and wade, paul pierce wins oscars, etc etc. great players (all players) have baggage but you dont see me going into EVERY tmac thread trying to bash the guy. i do go into every thread dissin' little girls who got their vaginas hurt.

were you there for the years that we werent even in the playoffs after stockton hit that shot? im ape **** happy tmac came to houston and put us back into the playoffs. i was happy rooting for the rockets when they played vs the mavs that one year, happy to see "ride a mav" posters all over the place as tmac saddled bradley, angry when bull**** calls that were made that series and content with what tmac brought to the rockets. I LIKE BASKETBALL. tmac was great when he was in prime shape, ****ty when he wasnt. rockets made business moves and got the best deal out of his contract. i dont dwell on it like some of you seem to. instead, you guys like to sit around a gossip about how tmac hurt you.

im sorry to all the ppl that got their feelings hurt by tmac. FEELINGSSSSS

#219 blink, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  20. spressa

spressa Member

but but but my FEEEEEEELINGSSSS

they hurt.