1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Other than Yao, which other Rocket has the best chance to make the all-star team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Oct 15, 2010.

?

Which Rocket has the best chance to make the AST?

1. Kevin Martin

49.8%
  2. Aaron Brooks

32.1%
  3. Luis Scola

18.1%
  1. G-Money

G-Money Member

We all know Yao will make the all-star team if he's walking. But which other Rocket will make it? And don't say, Martin is better than Brooks so he should make the all-star team. Also take it into consideration the other competition in the Western Conference.

My pick is Kevin Martin because the competition at the 2/3 position is less harsh than the PG position.

The Western Conference is loading with elite PGs and it's doubtful Brooks will make the team because of that. Stephen Curry, Steve Nash, and Chauncey Billups (just to name a few) will make the team before Brooks.

But that's just my opinion, who do you guys think has the best chance to make the all-star team?

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Luis Scola for the win!!! He will average 18-10 with 55% shooting.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Daryl Morey.

They're gonna add a GM All-Star for each conference in honor of Morey's work.

4. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Martin for sure. Dude is going to have a hay day with Yao back... Pure scoring machine. He's going to have wide open threes all day...

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lots of Rox have a chance this year....if we get off to a hot start.

But I don't want ANY of them to make it......let them get the rest instead.

All star games are a joke...why bother even watching them?

DD

6. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Martin and Brooks are competing against the same set of players since the all star voting is broken down by guards, centers, and forwards. I'm doubtful that any of our players besides Yao make it. We don't run the offense through anyone player enough to make anyone shine that brightly.

7. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Clutch the Bear.........................

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Martin is better than Brooks. And Brooks is better than Scola and Scola is better than Battier.

9. hasan08

hasan08 Member

martin but not because he is better then brooks but simply because there are way too many good veteran point gaurds that are going to be looked at before brooks no matter how great brooks plays. Martin a shooting gaurd should get an easy look and probally make it if he has a go season.

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Brooks has to raise his efficiency to be an all-star. Plus if he's an allstar he should be able to beat his matchup most nights.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I can name 2 shooting guards better than Martin in the West including Kobe and Roy so it's gonna be hard to get in for Martin.

With Brooks, I think he will get hosed once again for his lack of all around game and with great guard play in the west with the likes of CP3, D-Will, Billups and Nash, I don't think he will make it.

That leaves Scola, who I think is the 2nd best PF in the West behind Gasol. My vote is for Scola,

12. kuato

kuato Member

Scola, thanks to international votes.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Jared Jeffries.

14. champagneben

champagneben Member

I think if Morey suited up and rode the bench for a few weeks, he'd make the All-Star team on wit alone. He is the class of pro-sport GMs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone let me know how leave a calling card at the bottom?

15. Hball

Hball Member

Why does everyone think martin is better :confused: clearly brooks is a way better shooter off the dribble which is why he's able to score when defense's tighten at the end of games( as he's made numerous game winners) where as martin has to drive directly to rack for fouls or run off screens for his points which teams can adjust to.

16. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I voted Scola because of the depth of PF in the Western Conference.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Martin is POTENTIALLY better the AB but hasn't shown it quite yet. With a healthy Yao, Martin could average 25 ppg from all the open looks he will get while shooting lights out. Neither are good defensivly and both are average passers although I've seen flashes of Nash in Brooks which gives me hope.

Scola is better then either one, IMHO, but I won't get to many that agree with me on that.

18. anchel

anchel Member

No one, no one should play +30 minutes.

19. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I know we all love Scola, but seriously? Maybe, just maybe Nowitzki?

20. Mashing

Mashing Member

I agree they should only announce who the all stars are, but they should not play a worthless game that could result in someone getting hurt. The dunk contest needs to remain though. Same the Pro Bowl. Baseball all star game is the only one I feel should still be played.