1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 91, Nets 81

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

I'm thinking if Jordan had been in the game, we wouldn't have had as much difficulty. As raw as he is, he's still better at the 5 than PatPat

2. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

JJ with 12 pts and 8 boards says:" who the hell is scola and hill! :eek: "

I bet scola is crying on the plane watching JJ just destroyed the nets...

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I don't know. RA's been on his case because he's inconsistent. I think he misses defensive assignments or something.

Chinese commentators analysing Yao’s play after the game saying it’s understandable because Yao is still trying to make his way back with limited minutes. "We must be satisfied because Yao is satisfied. Did you see him smiling on the court?" Yao is really an icon for them. He represents them and so they want him to do good.

Yao has so much class. He was falling, missing shots, getting beat on defense by Lopez, etc. but he didn't show any frustration. It was like he wanted to show his home crowd that he was okay. For them not to worry. So this trip was important for him.

1 person likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing Scola's not thinking about the game at all, and just hoping to make it home become his lady delivers him of another baby. Doesn't he have all boys? I hope this one is a girl, then! :)

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Ooops, my last post was in reply to the comment on Jordan Hill.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

haha, wasn't JJ a revelation??? Now if JJ has become our scoring option, then we're really out of sync. JJ and CBud saved the game for us. This was PatPat's best game so far.

What happened to CLee in the 2nd quarter? He had a 3 and a drive in the 4th though.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

nets still suck.

goodbye knicks 2011 lottery pick :(

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Worth it to wake up early. Very exciting game, especially the 1st quarter. Kevin Martin was throwin them down!

9. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlJlqjWzwM0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlJlqjWzwM0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sums it up. ;)

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Kelvin Cato Syndrome all over again. Calm down, its just one game! Preseason at that. JJ is a serviceable defender but that's about it. These numbers will be his best numbers all season.

11. PTH

PTH Member

I'm liking the free throw percentage: 94.1% (16-17) :)

12. droxford

droxford Member

This is a contract year for Jeffries. We might actually get some decent game from him.

13. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Dammit, I couldnt watch it because I had school

14. ssssllllnnnn

ssssllllnnnn Member

(google translation)

Yao Ming: The limit as to force you to eat vegetables that are not used to, but healthy

Sohu Sports News (Zhang Yi Sohu sports reports from Beijing on October 13) evening, the Rockets in 2010 NBA China Games in Beijing race to 91-81 win over the Nets. Yao Ming playing time of 18 minutes, scored 9 points 4 rebounds and Martin added 18 points and Brooks 17.

After the game, Yao Ming, wearing a suit in a press conference, accepted the media. Adelman said at the press conference, Yao Ming of China during the event period of time will control 18 minutes after the two back to back to the United States to fight a time extended to 24 minutes. Adelman said Yao was not particularly fond of this arrangement, Yao wants more playing time.

"Does have a time limit, in accordance with the plans and return to the United States, the time limit in 24 minutes." Yao told Sohu Sports said, "some are not used, change the word it. But all to let me carry on longer, we are all adults , vegetables and not very tasty, healthy. "

Yao said the state now has his own resume the most difficult is the need for more training and competition through to find the state. "Participate in training, to find my state, with the game and time to adjust it." Yao said.

Link

15. ssssllllnnnn

ssssllllnnnn Member

Adelman: Yao Ming thrilled to show he still played 18 minutes in Guangzhou
    (google translation)

CLEVELAND Beijing Oct. 13 (Xinhua Yang Baoyan) Rockets in the NBA China Games and the Nets won the first game on the victory, the game in Yao Ming had 9 points 2 steals 1 assist, after the game, Yao Ming the gift thrown high altitude, he and the Rockets will move to Guangzhou in the future, and the second preseason game with the Nets. Adelman made after the game praise on Yao Ming, also said the Chinese basketball giant Yao Ming influence.

Adelman the first to debut, he said: "This is a great game and we did well the first half, they caught up with the third quarter, but we did not give up and keep the advantage." Does he answer questions about Yao Ming as the main , he said: "We believe Yao Ming can retrieve the state, Yao Ming, as a father, we will protect her, we will limit his playing time that the race in 18 minutes time limit." He said: "This Rockets time all players have shown a very high atmosphere, Yao Ming is also very excited and committed, Rockets players have invested a very energy. when he was sitting under the presence of the team's performance is also quite sure. Our deep bench good, our bad Brad Miller, Luis Scola and we will come back stronger. "

Looking for the new season, Adelman said: "Yao Ming missed because of injuries last season, we have enabled players such as Brad Miller, Brad, and we intend to make more with other players."

When it comes to the Rockets for the significance of Yao Ming and Yao Ming, basketball has brought change to China, Adelman said: "Six years ago I led a team in Shanghai and Beijing games, we feel the fans enthusiastic. Yao Ming's influence growing more and more people like basketball, since I did the Rockets coach, we have the bigger scene, more and more exciting games we. "Finally, Adelman said:" Yao Ming played the game in Guangzhou time is 18 minutes, we need to ensure that his rehabilitation is proper, we gradually adapt to him, we will choose a game in the preseason to let him play 24 minutes in the regular season with the Lakers, we Yao Ming to make the playing time he should be, but before we must ensure that the control of his playing time is good. "(End)

Link

16. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Did not watch the game but pdpat > dfavor as far as box scores go

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I didn't see most the game but everytime I see PP out there, he reminds me of Rodney Rogers' physically and with his game. RR was a big power forward who ended up being a pretty decent three point shooter as his career went on. I can see PP doing the same, expanding his game beyond the arc as time goes on but he has a LONG way to go. Luckly, it is a luxury the Rox have being so dam deep at all positions.

1 person likes this.
  18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Nice game for JJ. He plays consistently better than his press, seems to me.

Did JHill tweak something? Or was he DNPCD'd early on just to give PP more run?

Chuck looks pretty good as a svelte slasher. If he can transform his mind as much as he did his body, he'll get rid of that hitch and become a decent FT shooter-- like the rest of the roster.

Ish looks like a keeper, despite a couple of giveaways he might have avoided.

CBud should start.

Yao seems to be making slow, steady improvement in his game.

Morey should sign the Scola sons now.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

to me rodney rogers was a lot more skilled and talented offensively.....he had a smooth J with great range, could put the ball on the floor, and shoot of the dribble with a variety of moves to create separation

PP seems more a utility dirty work player in the mold of AC Green