1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady feeling healthy in Motor City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by htownrox1, Sep 28, 2010.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Something tells me he would never go to China or consider playing for Yao Ming's team. It's a pride thing. He has kids and a wife to take care of in the states, and I don't think he would move them over there. Once Tracy is done in the NBA, he is done playing basketball.

Maybe he just robbed the Pistons for a quick million. I don't think he would stoop that low.

[​IMG]

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Sigh... This is just depressing now.

3. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

If that happens, one might as well kill himself, cause he is clearly at least one layer down in an Inception dream world.

1 person likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wish him well, I really do. I hope he can at least be a Grant Hill type of player now or McDyess and that maybe he could get traded to a contender at the deadline.

I really do. He had good years here and for the most part was liked here. It's time to let things go after awhile. I rooted against him for the Knicks, but with our current situation...well the Knicks are our enemies and we should hope they do horrible because of those picks.

Now that he's on a team that has nothing to do with the Rockets, good luck Tmac.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's really ridiculous how Tracy hasn't prepared for this though. The injuries might be unexpected, but he had to have some sort of fallback plan for his eventual decline?

The dude tries to play the exact same way he did before he lost his freakish athleticism... I mean in the later stages of an NBA players career they usually relegate to a less demanding offensive task such as camping for threes, or developing an unstoppable mid-range game or something of that sort.

Tracy is still trying to drive past guys with one knee and still trying to dunk with one knee. Not only is that going to put even more strain on his knee, it's also not going to be effective since he pretty much lost his first step.

SETTLE FOR THREES TRACY. It's ironic how he always jacks up contested threes and contested mid-range shots in Houston, but when it comes time that it's the only thing he can rely on now, he doesn't do it. :p

6. musabsa

musabsa Member

Really? I thought he only did that at press conferences.

[​IMG]

7. Omer

Omer Member

I'll take the bet...there's no way he's gonna play in China he's not doing it for the money.

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Amazing to see how much attention this guy still gets from this board.....I

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

How long does it take this dude to recover from microfracture? LOL

and for the millionth time, he'll be out of the NBA by Christmas.

10. ApuN

ApuN Member

Tracy retired two years ago, but poor Joe Dumars didnt realize that before he signed him, LOL

11. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I've been saying this for years, Tracy lacks fundamental. He relied on quick first step to drive, he jumped above defenders to shoot. Now neither is gone, he's left with mediocre jumpers. He has no post move that uses his length.

He could be an OK role player if he recognizes who he is now, practice open jumpers, work as hard as he can on defense side. Grant Hill does that and he's as good as you can ask for his athleticism. If Tracy can't change his attitude, he may as well retire now or go to China.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's a hit and miss surgery. Amare is one of the lucky ones. Tracy is not. Microfracture surgery is not something you easily recover to 100% from...

13. ApuN

ApuN Member

You are being kind.

Tracy never had the drive and desire for the NBA. He always got away with supreme talent.

He never really had to have this surgery. It just gives him an excuse to quit.

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

but but but tim groverrrrrrr

15. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

How has T Mac been doing?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He chose to have the elective surgery, if he would have listened to most doctors and actually put in the work to strengthen the quad, maybe he would still have his explosiveness.

DD

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

True dat, it's not like he was our highest paid player for 4-5 seasons and a very polarizing one, at that...

18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Video by our own TracyMacAddidas

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UP1X0uGi1nM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UP1X0uGi1nM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hope he does have the last laugh.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

But this is all speculation. That's why I try to stay away from the subject of "should or shouldn't he have had the surgery." Nobody really knows how he was feeling.

Personally I think he had the surgery out of embarrasment because he missed that wide open dunk in Milualkee (I think). I don't think it's a coincidence that he chose to have surgery right after that game.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not speculation at all, he was told to strengthen the quad by at least 3 or 4 doctors. He continued until he found a doctor that said....sure...microfracture.

TMac deserves everything he gets.....if he makes it back good for him, if not....well....I guess he deserved that too.

DD