1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady feeling healthy in Motor City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by htownrox1, Sep 28, 2010.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#81 tinman, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

lolol on nba.com it says

T. McGrady DNP - REST

It really should be DNP - REST IN PEACE

T-mac's family and acquittances will have to watch him in the CBA next year

1 person likes this.
  3. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

what? Having fun is bad?

mac being mac ON ANOTHER TEAM -> lol
    then looking all these mac fiends crying about it and being negative -> double fun

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol. well he had a block!! :cool:

I'm confused about this guy. He talks so big and then when he gets on the court its not EVEN that he sucks - he floats around and puts up numbers like 1-4 FG and 1 block in 18 minutes. What the h*ll is with that? I would have more respect for him if he'd be aggressive and at least try SOMETHING, even if he shoots 0-10.

1 person likes this.
  5. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

So he has one block, I am impressed, TMac played some defense there, that's breaking news.

#22 Member

I wish him well also....he was an asset to the Rockets when he was here

1 person likes this.
  7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Tracy doesn't put up big numbers.

CF response: He sucks.

Tracy does well.

CF response: It's preseason, it doesn't mean anything.

Tracy does well in the regular season.

CF response: It's the regular season, wait for the playoffs where he will choke.

Tracy does well in post-season.

CF response: He is putting up big numbers on a bad team. It doesn't mean anything.

Translation: No matter what Tracy does this season, Clutch Fans always has a response.

1 person likes this.
  8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's amazing how everyone hates Tracy. Keep in mind that we wouldn't have made the playoffs most likely through 2004 to 2008 had we not had McGrady at all.

Not only that but after his departure we ended up getting two key players in Martin and Hill...

If you want to hate on injury-prone players Yao is icing his knees over there in the lockerroom.
    If you want to hate a real douchebag that sold out his team then go over there and hate on LeBron, regardless of how he handled it you all would hate on him anyway.

1 person likes this.
  9. napalm06

Here's some more breaking news: sarcasm exists.

10. napalm06

I don't 'hate' TMac in the least. I've argued dozens of times with irate Tracy haters on here..

but why does anyone hold on to hope when this guy does nothing but float around the perimeter and pass to teammates? You might as well put a fan into the game, he could do the same thing. He hasn't given me a single reason to believe that he is capable of a come back. There are no 'flashes' of brilliance, no plays where you say 'whoa that looked like the old tracy'. Now it just looks like a bearded dude who is scared of his own shadow on the court.

11. goodbug

If he led Pistons over first round with 20PPG, I am sure everybody will give him big applaud.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

People don't hate Yao because even though Yao is injury prone, he at least works as hard as he can to stay healthy and to stay in shape. Yao also doesn't throw his teammates under the bus. Yao also doesn't make up stupid excuses when he doesn't win nor does he tell me people, "It's on me". Yao doesn't run his mouth about feeling bad because he isn't his old self anymore and how he no longer is the man he was at 25.

Yao stays humble, does all that he can to stay on the court and doesn't mope around when his coach/team has a specific plan on how he will make his comeback. I liked Tracy, and I still hope the guy does well but he did everything in his power to burn bridges here in Houston. Not only did he alienate the organization but he also failed the fans as a player. He had some great moments here that we will never forget but it is not easy to forget all the stupid things he said and how he wanted "impose his will" on everything.

2 people like this.
  13. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Oh then you wanna applaud him? :rolleyes:

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why couldn't he have said that back when it was all happening and simply kept his mouth shut the rest of the time? It's a damn shame McGrady has a Chump streak a mile wide and control of his lips an inch deep.

15. goodbug

If he can do that, I'll apologize on this forum for my comments against him since 2003.

16. goodbug

Yao led Rox over first round for once in last 13 years. Sure he didn't achieve all of his potential, but he gave his all.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

WTF? When T-Mac was leading this team to 50+ wins he was loved. CFs didn't turn on T-Mac en mass until he started sucking and fans won't put up with his primadonna act anymore. Why root for a guy who whined incessantly about needing more than 7 mpg, and then fell on his face when he couldn't handle regular minutes?

If T-Mac was putting up quality 25/5/5 these past two years, he'd still be a Rocket right now.

1 person likes this.
  18. droxford

droxford Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5663822

"...Detroit coach John Kuester wants to limit McGrady's playing time early in the preseason as he recovers from injuries that cost him most of the last two seasons."

translation: McGrady will never recover and should probably retire.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think it'd be in McGrady's best interest to take another year off, then judge his situation from there.

If his knee is still 50% then retire or play in the CBA. :p

20. blink

blink Contributing Member

yeah, i'd bet good money that tmac ends up in china for his last year playing pro ball.