1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Magic 97, Rockets 88

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Of course, we want Melo to be a rocket. But, I don't think he will come here. I have watched two KNICKS preseaon games, and think Stoudemire has played really well without Nash. I think Melo will play for the knicks next season.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We attract a lot of young members...not many of them want to go to a forum where the only thing you can do is discuss basketball. Here there's other things to talk about, clips, pictures, news, etc.

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

What did jermaine taylor do in this game? did he even play?

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think he hit a three at the end. Shot like five times, though.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Tried too hard, couldn't hit anything but a late 3......was 1-4, and is looking more and more like a player who does not belong in the NBA.

DD

6. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

I thought Knicks played only one preseason game and Amare played bad.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

if you dont count Italy, only 1

Amare 4/11
    Gallo 3/13
    Randolph 3/11

The Wolves had 30 turnovers and still won. Go Knicks!!! ;)

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Drexler: Showed he just learned the word "plethora."

AWESOME!

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

New starting five:

C Patrick Patterson
    PF Mike Harris
    SF Alexander Johnson
    SG Jermaine Taylor
    PG Ish Smith

Only guys to go +

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The box score showed that Amare only did good against an Italian team, but not so good against an NBA crap team.

Amare was a no show against the Timberwolves.
    -Shot 36% for 11 pts.
    -Committed 4 turnovers in 20 minutes.
    -Committed 4 fouls in 20 minutes.
    -Outrebounded by 14 other players: Gallinari, Turiaf, Felton, Rautins, Roger Mason Jr, Beasley, Love, Darko, Milicic, Brewer, Ridnour, Webster, Pekovic, Telfair, and Johnson.
    -0 blocks

Other than the above mentioned problems, Stoudemire played really well. :rolleyes:

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You base this on 5 minutes of garbage time in a preseason game.

He may be 1-4, but he still scored 5 points and grabbed two rebounds.

13. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Oh really?

[​IMG]

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is the exact same game plan your boy Vonilla Wafer does. The only difference is VW doesn't mind contact and goes hard for the rim, JT settles for jumpers.

I don't have a problem with him settling for jumpers, its a preseason and you don't want anyone getting injured in a meaningless game. However once the season starts and he starts going to the rim for the fts he's gonna be extremely useful.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Haters will be haters, my friend.

16. CHayesIsMyHero

Orlando Magic

They are one of the best teams in the NBA. I know its preseason, but you still play to win the game. If we would have played the pacers, we probably would have came out with a victory and everything would be just dandy on clutchfans. We faced a good team. We did beat them in the 2nd half if that matters? Anyways, it was the first game of the PRESEASON against a good team. We will be fine. We will look better against the spurs tonight.

Also, Yao should be looking 20 times better when 2011 rolls around.

17. Bigpetelikeiron

In my opinion the Orlando Magic are far less potent than you may believe, Your optimism is great and your point about it just being preseason is well stated. My question is, did it deserve it's own thread? Not trying to be a B-hole here and I think everyone on this board can appreciate your enthusiasm for the team but maybe this could have just been posted in one of the game threads. :)

18. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

19. CHayesIsMyHero

Well I just wanted to make a thread about clutchfans thinking the rockets suck after their preseason game loss to the magic. I didnt know what to name the thread, so I just named it after the team we faced. They won 59 games last year and finished with the 2nd best record in the nba last year. I would call that a dominant team.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I don't know who the Magic will be but I can assure if they play like they did in the first half the rest of the season they will not lose many games. I can assure you that. Dwight Howard was hitting Jumpers. Dwight Howard was driving to the basket, Howard was passing to open teammates. And they were knocking down 3's. That team was knocking down 3's at a phenomenal rate. Oh and Did I mention Dwight Howard was in midseason form and going against a guy who hadn't played an NBA game in 15 months.

Dwight Howard had some moments he struggled against Yao. But clearly he was superior on this night. Yao was slow and out of game shape. Howard was young and looked to be in his prime. He is today the best center in the league.

And Orlando was not just about Howard. Lewis looked great. Carter looked better than he has in a while. Jameer played good and Duhon is a great backup for them. Bass played strong. Nobody was missing shots the first half and Did I mention Dwight Howard is an NBA MVP candidate. So say what you will about Orlando but I guarantee you if that Orlando team that played against us plays against other teams the same way they will win alot more than they lose!

This is an optimistic opinion as oposed to your crappy negative one. But I thought the Rockets were mostly who I thought they would be with only a few exceptions... Bud looked smooth on offense better than summer league but more than that he looked adequate on defense against Vince Carter. That was a nice plus. Jordan Hill played decent against Howard. That was really a treat and surprise. He is a legitimate Backup center. GREAT NEWS!

The rest of the folks either did what I expected or underperformed. KevinMart will be solid for this team and his defense looks better. Brooks played ok and so did Lowry they will be better. Scola didn't play with playoff intensity so you clearly didn't get his best effort. Battier played his game albeit not as intense as I have seem him.

And Yao looked Slow but geez cut the man a little slack he hasn't played the game in 15 months! It's not he hasn't played at this level or he had a month long injury. He hasn't played the game in a League that does it at the highest level in 15 months. Man when I think about that I was impressed. Think about take anything you do well whatever it isand stop doing it for 15 months and watch how well you do it. You will suck at it in the beginning. But you will find is that it will not take you as long to stop sucking at it.

Yao still he has a long way to go. But I expect sometime in December January he will be a beast again. And this Rockets will be able to compete against IMO one ofthe elite teams in this league. With that said if wewant win it all I think we have to upgrade or 3. I love Battier buthe is our weak link. Personally I want Iguodala. That is were I am focused . Morey make that deal happen and Honestly think we will be there against LA in the western conference Championships. And at time I will take my chances.

2 people like this.