1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Magic 97, Rockets 88

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Well.............................. Idk where to even start.. Yao looked waayyyy off sync, but that was to be expected. Pretty much the defense was horrible. Pretty much Martin looked beast. Pretty much Howard looked like the MVP. Pretty much we need to improve our defense to say the least. Pretty much i've had too much coffee. :eek:

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think alot of you are operating under the assumption that Adelman's priority was to win this game.

He very well could of said, "okay we have these plays down pat, lets only run these plays which we are weak in", with no regard for the outcome.

Point is, I think there is alot of over reacting.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Duhh, Clutchfans! :rolleyes: Over reaction central. :grin:

4. supermark

supermark Member

3 points ……nice

5. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

1. It was fun seeing Yao play a little basketball.
    2. Scola's definitely tired.
    3. Chuck looked aggressive offensively.
    4. Brooks will have to adjust to not having to do so much.
    5. Lee's pretty quick.
    6. Hill showed some impressive effort.
    7. I'd like to see the youngsters play some more.

6. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

Furthermore, our starters played 20 minutes each with the exception of Yao (12 min) and AB (21 min). I think RA will give the bulk of the minutes to the bench at least for the next two games.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Offensively, I thought they lacked cohesiveness. Resorted to last second jumpers too often. All about right for a first pre-season game with a major new player in the fold (Yao). Getting Scola rested and more games should bring things around. I hope.

The second team did a bit better. Chase, Lee and Hayes had good games. I suppose inserting Lee into the second team was more fluid than for Yao and the first team.

The defense seemed a bit better than I expected. What time they have had together seemed to gel here, most of the night.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not too much to take from a game like that. Some sloppy play with passes and defense didnt look that great.

I was a little surprised to see Patrick get in so late but it's understandable since rockets are so deep at that position.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the Magic always play us tough these days... so I'm not surprised we lost this one, even though it doesn't mean anything.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also, 18 turnovers will do you in.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Ugly game. The Rockets somehow hanged in there with the score considering how they were pretty much dominated.

I had to turn it off as I was about to karate kick my TV so not sure how the late second half went...but probably just more of the same.

12. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Rockets2k i will be waiting for the video on your torrent tracker :D

Aghhh who cares about american football, baseball and all other sports.

Rox rules :cool:

13. Stepping Razor

One game people...if it makes you feel better, the Lakers lost to the Timberwolves a couple of days ago...

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You should see the "fans" comments from the Chronicle. That is what I would call french-style fans. Raising the surrender flag even before the battle has started. :rolleyes:

15. opticon

opticon Member

LOL you got me there. Seriously though Battier has clearly defined role and does not deviate from it. Brooks on the other hand has role but makes poor decisions at times that keep him from filling said role at times.

16. Dream Shake 81

After last night's 1st preseason game, would you want the trade for Melo to go down??

Not another Carmelo thread...I know.

My point is that, in my opinion, we looked horrible. I know its only pre-season, but one can still get a glimpse of what is to come once things get better. I love the team we have now, but the question is after waiting and waiting for this season, and seeing last nights game, would you mind letting those players go for a legit superstar?

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

are you freakin serious!?!?

BAN!!!

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

After last night's preseason game, would you like the Rockets to extend Kelvin's contract for 6 years?

19. k-money

k-money Member

it was just a preseason game... yao will have time to adjust. you will see.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You know I visit alot of basketball forums and Clutchfans is by far the most over-reactionary. We canibalize/laud on a daily basis, our team/players more than any other fan base.

The roller coaster literally goes up and down after every single missed shot or bad play.