1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Rockets Scrimmage, 10/2/10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RMGEEGEE, Oct 3, 2010.

1. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

Less than 48 hours for action. :grin:

2. albuster

albuster Member

Can't wait for the first game, pre season or not.

3. roksoer

roksoer Member

lol @ lowry's pants

4. fayesun

fayesun Member

did K-mart rly change his way of shooting?

5. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

Sucks for those of us in China who can't see this!

6. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Why would he do that?

7. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

nope. it's the same ugly form as in the past and the reason why he gets blocked more than aaron brooks when there is 10 seconds or less on the shot clock and he has to score.

martin gets blocked twice as much than probably any other elite scorer in that situation (about 8 % of his shots).

defense will definitely be a major concern next season, but so will be closing out games. we lack a true closer. yao can be rendered ineffective by fronting him. scola can only go right and that makes him predictable. aaron brooks is a midget. and martin's shooting form makes his shot easily blockable. it'll take great coaching and great chemistry to make up for it. adelman will have earned that coach of the year award he'll finally get this season. ;)

8. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

because his shot gets blocked so often and because in an offseason interview his personal coach david thorpe was raving about how they corrected martin's shooting form.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Well, i thought i would get to see alot of action, but for the most part i got to see a Yao Ming reality show. I guess i shouldve known with the ymm stuff. Didnt want to see stretching routines while the game was going on, but it is what it is.

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Martin shot did change.. He used to bring the ball on the side of his head, not its right in front of him.. same ugly form tho

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I WANT MORE SCRIMMAGE FOOTAGE!

12. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i saw those stretches but relatively speaking. it is very short compared to the length of the clip. the video does focus on yao in the scrimmage.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

delete

#53 leebigez, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  14. sew

sew Member

I don't see the point in nitpicking at something like this. This is the first real footage we've seen in a while. just appreciate it, you old bag. ;)

1 person likes this.
  15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Still better than nothing. Check who shoot the video.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Thanks for the video. Great to see Yao playing with thos guys. Just great, cause his carrer could have easily been over.

But he is still not 100%. You can see that. He looks slow around the basket and his conditioning will be a problem in early stages. But he makes it up with his size.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Judging by the video, Yao can get a lot done in 24 minutes! :grin: ;)

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

kyle lowry with capris? are you kidding me

secondly, in the shots of martin and shane shooting, shane missed liek 3/4 shots and martin didnt miss 1

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Shane is a pretty poor midrange shooter because he never shoots them I guess. But who cares if he misses it, when he doesn't need to do that on this team.

20. Nero

Nero Member

Want some doom with that gloom?

This is a TEAM, man.. sure Yao can be stopped, if the plan is to just toss it to him and let him 'be the closer'. Sure Brooks is small, and can probably be defended if the plan is to just toss it to him and let him 'be the closer'. Same with Martin - his funky shot could be stopped if we just hand him the ball and say 'Go close the game for us.'

But the fact is, it's the combination of all of these players on the floor, plus everyone else, Scola, Bud, Hill, Battier, Lowry, everyone... the way this team is built, the offense itself is the closer.

So don't worry, be happy :)