1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Amazing Race 17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

2. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Thanks for the link. I just check outed the first few minutes of season 5. And I THINK I remember seeing this season back in high school. That Colin guy looks awfully familiar. lol Was he that abusive bf who got arrested???

3. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Bear, Thank you.

4. Htown's2kFinest

I watched them on and off from the 1st season. I can't believe their already into season 17. It's definitely one of my favorite shows.

5. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Little bumpage......Tattoo couple will be gone after tonight's episode imo

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

That's the thing about the Amazing Race (and reality shows in general, i suppose) the dumb/weak teams don't always get eliminated like you think they should.

7. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I feel bad for the mother/daughter combo. Never seeing each other until now but I still wished that the Tat's got the boot haha

8. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

The mother-daughter pair, and the tattoo couple are probably the most boring teams, for the show. So, I suppose seeing one of them go tonight was for the best.
    The country blonde seems so nice...and just happy. She's certainly animated and funny.
    I like Kevjumba and his dad, you can tell it means a lot to his father to just get this time with his son. And seeing how much he doesn't want to disappoint him is emotional in a way.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm so glad that weird "mother/daughter" team is gone. That whole scenario just creeped me out. Why where they using this format to get to know each other? Why not just meet for coffee instead? What did the girl's real mother think about her daughter traveling around the world with the egg donor and calling her "mother"?

The fact that they both had the personalities of a WET NOODLE didn't help much either. Good riddance.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've briefly worked with a girl who was a participant in this show with her dad. Their reasoning is similar: it's their last time spending quality time together before she goes off to get married.

I met her a bit after her season is over taping/filming/whatever... and she's still hanging out with her dad. What a load of poop.

11. ima_drummer2k

I don't doubt that at all. But that was with her Dad, not some dude who she's never met who happened to pork her mom 20 years ago.

Maybe this is off subject, but I've never understood the need for adopted kids to find their "real" mothers. Your "real" mother was the one that raised you from birth.

If my Mother told me today that I was adopted, I would be like "Oh, that's interesting.....so, what's for dinner tonight?"

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don't understand the anger towards the birth mother/daughter team. Why does it bother you that the daughter wants a relationship with her birth mother? Why does it bother you that she called her "mom"? Maybe you wouldn't in that situation, but she does, so let it be.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

My $0.02:

The sunglasses task was one of the hardest I've seen. Not physically, but considering most people in Ghana live on less than $1/day, to have to sell $10 in sunglasses, had to be difficult.

It cracked me up when that woman jacked the tattoo guy.

It was a female oriented task so I was shocked when the Asian guy finished so quickly and the female Asian doctor finished last.

Shows how much luck plays in the race. The doctors finished second to last. The taxis lost the birth mother/daughter and father/daughter and the doctors were able to make up time.

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well I'm not a psychologist (I did stay at a holiday inn last night) but there's supposedly a biological/psychological component to the yearning for biological parents. And in fact anything that disrupts the family unit (such as the dad leaving) can really mess a kid's psyche.

As for this mom/daughter combo, they'll get a two-three week vacation as they get sequestered for the rest of this race, so it's probably for the best.

15. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

I'm surprised KevJumba's not getting a bigger buzz around here.

He's a talented internet star from Sugar Land. He's made some funny and cool videos and is a role model for Asian Americans.

Video w/ Jalen Rose

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aIrbxxsLgTk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aIrbxxsLgTk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Video w/ Baron Davis

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Dvk-wEiBdg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Dvk-wEiBdg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

I wonder if he's on Clutchfans, being it seems like he's a basketball fan and being from Sugerland.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, the volleyball women are gone, and that is ok with me, I like pretty much most of the teams, but that Chad guy is an ass, and team stupid is somehow still in it.

DD

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I didnt mind the volleyball girls so much, they at least werent too hard on the eyes.

Im with ya on the chad guy(he is the one who has the asthmatic girlfriend right?) I cant stand him. I luled early on when he was so convinced he knew everything and was proven wrong.

The tat couple....just wow...got to the FF and couldnt figure out what "taken" meant. I was just wishing they would sit there for a while and wait to give the FF a shot. Here's a tip folks...if you are near the back of the pack, and you see a FF...rest assured IT IS ALREADY TAKEN. They shouldnt have even gone after it..total waste of time.

In general, I like the Sugarland team...I just dont expect them to last much longer, they got lucky on that last physical challenge that beat them, it was non-elimination. The dad is just too out of shape to make it thru all the physical things that are inevitably to come. They seem like good guys, and I hope well for them, I just know this show.

The docs are about the strongest female team overall I think I have ever seen on this show. They are smart, in good shape, and are strong-willed. A perfect combination of ingredients to do well on this show.

and finally, as a dad I am rooting for the dad/daughter team, I would love to do something like this with my girl.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I hope those home shopping hosts are eliminated. Well actually I find the blonde one extremely annoying. I only watched the first episode (where that chick got pwned by a watermelon) and this very last one. As soon as she read the challenge she volunteered her partner for it, and said "I'll get the next one, I promise", indicating that she has not done a single challenge yet?

As for kevjumba, they seem to be the most well-liked group (out of all the others from the 2 episodes I have seen). Maybe it's because no one sees them as a threat so they have no problem helping them out, nevertheless, I am rooting for them.

20. ima_drummer2k

That one dude seriously thinks he has an advantage in every single task. Why? Because he went to Notre Dame.

"Have you ever ridden in a gondola?"

"Of course I have, I went to Notre Dame."

:confused:

Anyway, I'm sad the volleyball team went home. They were easy on the eyes. Too bad they were eliminated on a task where they were all bundled up in the cold and not showing any skin. Kind of anti-climactic.

I like the father/son team from Sugarland. He seems to be very kind to his dad and they have a great relationship. It's refreshing to watch.

I like the father/daughter team for the same reason. Plus, I've always had a thing for Southern Belles....

The blonde from the HSN team is annoying as hell. Pretty funny when her teammate (who was doing all the tasks) told her to shut up.

The roid-rage team is fun to watch. I'm waiting for him to Hulk out at some point.

The team I want to go home is the Notre Dame dude's team. But that probably won't happen for a while. In fact, they will probably win. Why? Because he went to Notre Dame.