1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What PodCasts do you listen to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by eric.81, Sep 24, 2010.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Anybody going to see Carolla @ the Improv on I-10 next weekend (10/7 - 10/9)?

The wife and I are going to the early show on Friday night.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Those episodes at the flea market, Makin' Hay, had me crying in my car and I almost had to pull over.

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Anytime they play clips and make comments about their own shows it's gold. The Houston live show debacle was also great.

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

A buddy of mine does one called The Backline Show. He interviews musicians and plays some tunes. The indie crowd should definitely check it out.

5. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Please don't be one of those fools who when he plays "What can't Adam complain about?" you yell out something that causes him to go on a very old and tired rant we fans have heard a hundred times...

i hate when i listen to the podcast of the live shows and people yell out "left turn arrows" or "dora the explorer"

come on people. it's called "what CAN'T adam complain about"... not "what has adam complained about for the last 8 years incessantly!"

6. m_cable

Heh. That makes me think about the fools on the internet who complain about the news segment and the co-hosts. Guess what, if you get rid of the news and people for Adam to bounce off of (even if they're not exactly hilarious), then you're left with the same old rants all the time.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

A little off-topic, but what software do you guys use to download/listen to your podcasts?

8. dafranchise0309

Macklessonsradio podcast hosted by Tariq Nasheed. I have been listening to the show for over 2 years and the man has truly changed the way I view everyday scenarios.

9. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

agreed... but Teresa is just plain awful (but not awful to look at)

10. eric.81

Don't worry... I'm not a "fool" or a "yeller" (is that a redundant statement?). I'm going to drink my drinks, eat my food, and enjoy seeing pictures of Adam's dilapidated childhood.

And... whether you like T and Bald Brian or not, they're completely neccessary. Adam is the worst interviewer in the world and he absolutely NEEDS a someone to keep the show moving. I'm hoping with Teresa getting a real job, they find a slightly more adept "news" person, but that'd be hard to do considering they work for free. I do agree that while T is maybe a 6.5 as a cohost, I would definitely hit that.

11. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Those early podcasts when Adam was alone... my goodness the pure hatred and anger... it was funny at first - but without a cohosts sense of directing him - it just gets burdensome and painful.

I haven't listened in a while b/c I don't have 1.5 hours a day.

But I do love me some 2 Daves... love that hooey and applesauce.

12. Bruce

Bruce Member

The Tony Kornheiser Show.

13. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

ahh yes, another one of my favorites that i listen to every day.

love that satchmo.

14. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I guess I'll list mine (I listen to a LOT of podcasts)

Tony Kornheiser
    2 Daves
    Adam Carolla
    NBC Nightly News
    Wall Street Journal This Morning
    New York Times Front Page
    Fareed Zakaria
    TheStreet.com's Real Story
    Fareed Zakaria GPS
    ESPN - PTI
    Bill Simmons - The B.S. Report
    NBC Meet the Press
    State of the Union with Candy Crowley
    Men's Health Podcast
    NPR Planet Money
    NPR It's All Politics

15. eric.81

That is a lot... well done.

I have to give you props for supporting the Shek Republic. I follwed Damashek from ESPN to the GOD AWFUL Accuscore show with weird little gambling site salesman, to finally, "Daves of Thunder."

Jacuzzi thoughts? Just awesome.

16. eric.81

I use iTunes. I'm sure there are a ton of others, but I have a really easy time downloading and syching with iTunes.

If they carry it, I hear Stitcher is good... works with mobile devices like smart phones (iPhone, Droid, Blackberry). It streams the podcasts to you so you don't have to download and synch.

17. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

i still think he was at his best as Carolla's sidekick before he got into the big blowup with Teresa and had to leave. That was when I was introduced to Dr. Funny Dave Dameshek... The episodes of ACP now when he's the guest are such a delight.

big fan. big, big fan.

18. eric.81

Unfortunately, I never listened to them back then. I thought Carolla was a giant misogynist blowhard (which he is) that wasn't funny. I never listened to LoveLine either.

Dude's just grown on me. That's the podcast I listen to the most. And Dr. Funny Dave just kills me... and Feeney is great too. The afformentioned "Jacuzzi Thoughts" are awesome.

Damashek really is the best guest on the ACE show. Maybe he can read the news and they can just show slutty pictures of Teresa on the website?

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

20. m_cable

That's funny because I can't stand Dameshek but I'm okay with T.

Dameshek really grates on me, that voice is nails on a chalkboard. And when you put him and Carolla in a booth, it's grating on grating. As for T, she doesn't bug me. She moves the show along and throws in a decent quip here and there.

"It takes all kinds." as Adam would say.