1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alexander Johnson beats Jordan Hill in practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chizzell, Sep 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wait, you've seen this video before, right?

2. Deep Waters

Deep Waters Member

Keep in mind though, like last year, the practice was purely for kicks. There WAS NOT any defense played at all. Shots were playfully took... I don't think that anyone could have been or was outplayed. The only competition that took place was a game of H.o.r.s.e. between Scola and a random fan, Joe Smith.

All the guys looked ready to go though! Yao was in extremely good spirits, a lot of goofing off with the guys. Microphone is his grip throughout the practice, Lowry cracked jokes and ragged on everyone. lol. They had two courts open and Chase made good use of the secondary by wearing out the net in various spots of the hardwood. He didn't seem too immobile.

Highlight: After missing a few 3's, Aaron Brooks drove bassline to dunk on Jordan Hill.. only to have Hill pick him up even higher than he already was for a SUPER SMASH...real sick.

P.S. - Poor choice for title!

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yep, me too.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

It never get's old. You know Allen said "practice" 24.5 times in that 142 second clip? That's one "practice" every 5.8 seconds! Talk about volume shooter!!

5. chizzell

chizzell Member

You are right I probably could have chosen a better title. However, I am not referring to the "open practice". I am talking about the practices where people are competing for spots. I know they let the public in at 3. But, the "real" games and practice started at 1130am.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol thats why I saw before I clicked this forum.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I played against all world practice players who couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag. I like johnson anyway and maybe he had his way with hill, but its practice, but more importantly training camp.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Doesn't really mean anything.

Last year in the NJ game, Lopez was lighting up Chuck. It was something like ten points in the first on 5/5 shooting. Chuck picked up 2 quick fouls and Hill subbed in and locked down Lopez.

Its all about matchups, and Hill isnt going excel in a 1v1 post drill anyway since his strength in in rotations and weak side shot blocking.

9. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

It won't be the first time you'll hear somebody killing Jordan Hill, AJ is a beast in the paint!

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Another possible reason: Alexandr Johnson is actually pretty good.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its says: "Alexander Johnson killed ..."

[​IMG]

12. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I'm glad somebody said it!! All the hype around has Hill as coming off the bench behind Scola and it that happens were in trouble. I'd like to see Hill and J.J. get moved.

13. Deep Waters

Deep Waters Member

Sorry, I just noticed you were reffering to an actual practice. My apologies!

14. chizzell

chizzell Member

Is there a way to edit to title? I recently decided to go from "Lurker" status to "Poster" status. However, I am still a rookie when it comes to posting...obviously!

15. chizzell

chizzell Member

No problem at all.

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Change that title someone, that freaked me right the f out.

17. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

"How the **** can I make my teammates better by practicing?"
    I'm glad this guy never won a ring, and is going to retire with a lot of regrets as to how his career ended. He doesn't know the 5-vs-5 game of basketball.

18. eugeniu

eugeniu Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QU_nRALn_no?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QU_nRALn_no?fs=1&amp;hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Lol. That was one sick poster!

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Heh, the same thing happened to me. I didn't freak, but was concerned.