1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[TV] Lonestar

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobmarley, Sep 20, 2010.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

First I want to prefice this by saying I am not a TV fanboy by any means. While watching football this weekend I saw a commercial for this show on FOX. Tonight because I found the Saints n Niners game not to take my interest I turned over to this show. This is a tough time slot because it's on during MNF but I thoroughly enjoyed the show and I want to know if that makes me weird. I like some of the actors and the premise has me hooked. What did y'all think about it if you caught any of it?

I would post some video but I am on my phone right now.

2. Special Patrol Group

You have the ring. And I see your schwartz is as big as mine.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I thought it was pretty stupid

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I guess it's just me then.. oh well

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i was pretty skeptical going in, but mid way through and toward the end i started to get into it.

Reminds me a bit of The Riches in that it's interesting to watch how he will worm his way out of these situations.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Officially cancelled

lasted only 2 episoes

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/29/lone-star-canceled-by-fox_n_743121.html?page=2

I don't watch too many modern primetime shows on the "big" channels, but decided to give this one a try for the hell of it since friends had been talking about it. I watched the pilot episode, and on a scale of 1-10, I gave it a 4 or 5. I recorded the 2nd episode because I wanted to give it a 2nd chance. I haven't watched the 2nd episode yet, but if it's cancelled, there may be no need to. :grin:

I thought the show was kind of goofy but thought it may get better. Oh well.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The first episode was a snooze fest. I thought him leading a full life in 2 different parts of the state, with two different women, while trying to get out of this life of a con man was intriguing. I would have stayed a couple more episodes to see were it went. This isn't an action show, it needed more time to flesh out the characters.

I don't know what Fox hoped this show would be It was up against Monday Night Football and The Event. Eh, one less show to put on my DVR.

9. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Really liked the show. Should've been on FX and not up against big shows on Monday nights.

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I surely thought this was a thread about...

[​IMG]