1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rox81

rox81 Member

I'm told that Lucy Liu is (ahem) pink on the inside. Nice and pink.

2. ketchupNmustard

I haven't been keeping up with Carmelo and the Rockets, is this deal pretty much dead? This is a big thread so it makes it seem like it isn't, but honestly I belive that the Nuggets will keep him...

3. Uprising

Uprising Member

Seems to be how it is.....nothing since that Yahoo article.

4. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

I don't think anything was ever going to happen until around December at the earliest. Doesn't make sense for the Nuggets, doesn't make sense for some of the teams that want him, especially not for us.

5. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

i got some inside info. fo reel

melo went to denver org this month and said looked at the trades, he didnt like any of them,because it would gut the following team

his top choice was nets and requested favors stays on nets...denver refused and is asking for favors...melo declines trade saying "no extension to nets"

trade gets taken off table

melo goes on lopez show and says " i want to stay in denver"

thats code language for "im walking next summer biatch to nets and denver gets NOTHING so i cant play with favors/lopez/harris

then in 2 years paul WALKS to nets when troy/harris are off books.

thats the plan..they have colluded. they work for same agency.

melo told denver to take small packages NOW or get NOTHING next summer...denver thought he was bluffing...he wasnt...denver thought "he wont turn down extra money" ...melo wins

melo will lose some money by walking, but he knows he will make it up in endorsements,chris paul joining, and extra bootysex from lala

thats why you see "melo wants to be traded"....."melo wants to stay in denver".

melo changed his mind because denver is asking to much from other teams..melo walks and denvers new stupid gm gets NOTHING when he could have gotten gibson,or randolph,or murphy instead denver chooses to get nothing

rockets know this, we dont want to trade for an unhappy melo...melo isnt coming here because his heart is in brooklyn

i dont see denver trading him to us because rockets HAVE NO LEVERAGE because we cant sign him outright like nets can next summer

6. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

gerald wallace....milos.....dj

those are the 3 guys i think will replace jeffries/hill/brooks

brooks to charlotte, dj signs now, we let jeffries and battier walk next summer

7. DLRoxFan92

DLRoxFan92 Member

Why should I believe you? You can't even spell "real" correctly! SMH :rolleyes:

8. meh

meh Member

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

10. worzel gummidge

Lucy Liu is a cherry pie! Golden on the outside, cerise (eng:dark pink, french:cherry) inside.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTXkUr9COjc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTXkUr9COjc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Aleron

Aleron Member

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Screw Melo, this is the guy Morey should go after.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YebfYzlPas?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YebfYzlPas?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

We've got enough offense with Martin-Brooks-Scola-Yao.

I'd even throw in Brooks if we got back Augustine.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Might as well lock this thread. I can't see any scenario that brings Carmelo to Houston. I've thought all along his wife (d list celebrity) was going to push for NY or LA, and that our chances were slim and none, and there's been no news to suggest otherwise.

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

We should ask the Bobcats what it would take to pry Wallace or Jackson away from them without giving up our core.

I'd even entertain Brooks for Augustine to sweeten the deal.

15. h0m3t0wnh3r0

h0m3t0wnh3r0 Member

melo is never coming to houston. it won't happen so lets move on

16. h0m3t0wnh3r0

h0m3t0wnh3r0 Member

i agree with acid 1990, gerald wallace would be a better fit for houston and he is defensively more like what RA can use. do we give up brooks? maybe jefferies and hill? sure, i like lowry better anyways. he penetrates better, draws fouls, can guard more of the bigger guards and more importantly he hustles!
    lowry/augustine
    martin/c-bud/lee
    wallace/battier
    scola/hayes
    yao/miller

1 person likes this.
  17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

link?

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Can we please just lock this thread already??

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The fact that this thread is still open is very mysterious. This is one of the longest running major threads on CFs that's never had a true update.

20. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Nuggets lesson their stance on Melo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.