1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump makes an offer on Islamic center site

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by trueroxfan, Sep 10, 2010.

1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/09/new.york.trump.community.center/index.html?hpt=T2

Not sure if this belongs with the Islamic Center thread, but I saw this earlier. He certainly has the money, offered cash too. If he genuinely cares than I think it is a good plan, have the Islamic center 5 blocks down, that's much more appropriate than 2. That's just my opinion though.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I don't think building it 2 blocks away is less appropriate than 5 blocks away. The bigots that are against the Mosque/community center would still be complaining.

3. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Would be funny Trump buys the site and open up a 2nd strip club on the same block.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Certainly the idiots will continue to complain, but those of us who are rational and are looking at this from both perspectives would see that it makes more sense.

They want an Islamic Center, a lot of people don't want that Center too close to Ground Zero. So just move it a little further and stfu. lol

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

IMHO for rational people,

2 blocks away <> Ground Zero

5 blocks away <> Ground Zero

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Or leave it where it is and stfu. rofl

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

5+ blocks is more appropriate, it just sounds better than 2. The comfort leve starts to rise the further they get, so 10+ would be even better. So move it out of the country and stfu.

8. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Not sure how Trump gets to decide the zoning/use of all buildings w/in 5 blocks of ground zero by buying one property. Makes the lawyers statement that this is just a pathetic attempt at publicity pretty credible.

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

haha

I have nothing against Islam, I think they have every right to put the site there, but I personally would prefer it a little further away, and I think the families and the survivors of 911 would be grateful. If they put it there o well, the only way it is going to affect me is if the idiot Terry Jones lights those Qur'ans on fire and there is backlash that leads to an escalation in terrorism at home and abroad.

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Possibly, I mean it is Donald Trump, I don't particularly care for the douche, but if I was rich as hell and I could buy million dollar property on a whim, I would do it as a gesture for the survivors and the families of the victims.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Trump is a washed up has been.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Are you aware that a mosque already exists within 5 blocks of ground zero?

1 person likes this.
  13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Wasn't aware of that

14. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Which families?

How do the families of the Muslim victims feel?

15. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

And what's stopping them, or someone else, from building a mosque 1.5 blocks from ground zero after he buys that piece of land?

16. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I'd probably just give them props for screwing over Donald Trump lol. Like I said this doesn't mean that much to me, I am just looking at from those affected more directly by 911

17. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I only know of the 3 muslim victims on the planes, I am sure there were countless others. I am looking at it from the thousands of people who were killed from Islamic EXTREMIST. This center has NOTHING to do with those extremist, HOWEVER, it does come off as insensitive so I can imagine those families who were probably more upset than I was as an 8th grader on 9/11. It just feels wrong to me, but let me stress again they have every right to put it there, it's America so you're always going to be hurting someone, it's just how it rolls here.

18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

WHAT? The nerve of Muslims to build a mosque before 9/11 and if it's the one I'm thinking of before the World Trade Center was built......where's my pitchfork and torch.

19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

If the center has nothing to do with the extremists that hit the WTC, why does it "feel wrong" to you? Your logic makes little sense. To me, it seems like it would only "feel wrong" if you felt those building the center were partly responsible.

And, again, what families are outspoken against the center?

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

The purpose of the Center being built has nothing to do with the 19 extremists. But the fact that they were fighting in the name of Islam, and then you want to build not a mosque, but a nice big Center? THAT seems wrong to me, its almost like saluting the hijackers and honoring them. That's how I feel