1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need a Job?...Work for The Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Sep 3, 2010.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I am not a Rockets employee, nor do I need a job, but saw this online. Nor have I exhausted every effort to see if this has been posted already, but here you go:

Rockets Job

Sales, Service, & Marketing: Market Research
    Business Research Analyst - Houston Rockets (Houston, TX)

Essential Duties:
    • Responsibilities will include both quantitative and qualitative research for a number of different areas of the business including in-game & concert/3rd party event online surveys, all detailed season ticket holder research and all focus group projects.
    • Utilize advanced analytic techniques such as multi-variable regression to develop pricing recommendations.
    • Utilize research tools and techniques to support corporate sales and sponsorship team
    • Work with marketing, ticket sales and corporate sponsorships to develop targeted lead lists for sales based upon key success criteria.
    • Measure success and Return on Investment (ROI) of various marketing initiatives using quantitative techniques.

Qualifications:
    • Bachelor’s degree required.
    • Minimum 1-2 years business experience.
    • Ideal candidate will have previous experience preferably in management consulting, corporate Strategy, investment banking, or private equity.
    • Experience setting market prices for fixed supply inventory such as airlines, hotels or concerts/sporting events.
    • Knowledge of regression analysis and other statistical tools/techniques.
    • Experience with market and consumer research tools (Scarborough, OneSource, Hoovers and/or Dun & Bradstreet) desired.
    • Proficiency in Excel, including ability to run Excel pivots, macros, v-lookups and other advanced functions. Powerpoint and Word required. Familiarity with Microsoft MapQuest, any statistical software package (SPSS, eviews), CRM (salesforce.com, Microsoft CRM) and any ticketing system (e.g. Veritix, Ticketmaster) a plus.

Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS, and TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!

Equal Employment Opportunity Employer

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No. I have a Bachelor’s degree.
    2. Yes/No. I have 1-2 years business experience.

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

ugh why did i major in poli sci and mes...ill never get to work for the rockets : (

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

most of them look like part time positions or entry level. The market research one might be interesting.

5. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Same here. Poli sci and history at UH. The business market isn't exactly clamoring for me. I'll give it a shot, though.

To the OP, THANKS!

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'd work under Morey, even as his coffee maker, just to see the cards he deals behind the curtains

7. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Damn, if they ever need somebody to put there efforts on paper, I'm their man!!!!!

(not really, would never leave my boss)

But damn, that would be fun. :)

8. DCballer

DCballer Member

Don't plan on spending much time there, if you do. As a former employee, I can tell you they turn over their office staff quite frequently.

9. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Interesting. Is it due to a poor enviornment, high expectations/pressure, or something else?

10. Blunt

Blunt Member

I don't have a Bachelors degree. But i have been helping run a small buisness which is quite successful I'm going to try to get a job for the Rockets!!!

11. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

lol, wut?

• Ideal candidate will have previous experience preferably in management consulting, corporate Strategy, investment banking, or private equity.

These entry level positions better have high pay.

12. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

You obviously should have majored in basketball. ;)

13. jgar030283

jgar030283 New Member

Why the hell would you leaVe I-banking, private equity, or a corporate strategy job for this? Plus if the team pay is anywhere near the league office pay you would be taking a huge L.

14. Jakej90

Jakej90 Member

I'm a second year business student at The University of Texas and when I graduate I am definitely going to try to work with the Rockets! Maybe I will look into interning with them this summer

1 person likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Free tickets to every Rockets game???

Access to the players???

Free "favors" from the power dancers???

16. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Doubtful. Why would a business research analyst be hanging in the locker room? It's a corporate position, not ball boy.

17. chizzell

chizzell Member

I am sure the reason why people would not want the job is because the pay his horrible. Trust me I know. However, as a member of the stat team it is an awesome atmosphere to work in and the perks of playing ball on the practice court isn't too shabby.

18. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

No, not really. Discount tickets maybe. No freebies.

No, not really. Might see them in the tunnel after practice or on game days, but interaction is really a minimum.

Haha, nope.

19. thething

thething Contributing Member

I wish they needed a statistics/actuary guy. I'm looking for a job right now and it would be awesome to work with the Rockets.

20. 3rdRingsAComin

Please tell us more...