1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Yao Ming Media Workout Pics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Aug 24, 2010.

1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

LOL at the due who fell!

and anyone know what Yao said after that? I couldn't understand.

Yao also says "He (Carmelo) a good teammate!" haha

#41 tinywang, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  2. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

A collective shudder just swept across the rest of the league. I think there's a palpable sense of anxiety among the rest of the league front offices right now. They're already all afraid of getting fleeced by Morey, but now they're worried that Yao will be back full force and Melo might end up on a well-balanced Rockets squad. It's hard to underestimate the effect of a 7'5" guy to anchor the defense and who on offense commands a double team on the strong side.

Over-optimistic maybe, but hey it's the offseason...

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He said something like, "Will he be able to play next season?"

Hilarious.

Yao is awesome.

4. Nero

Nero Member

Wow.

Have missed that big guy so much.

Top class, all the way, anybody who doesn't absolutely love that guy just hasn't been paying attention.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

The Rockets are using Yao as leverage to lure in Carmelo :p

7. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I swear if there is one thing I will miss when Yao is gone, Its his interviews.
    The guy clearly is level headed and down to earth. Most of the time, it looks like he enjoys the interviews.

I love that comment about IPAD video and saying he won't make it for Melo because it might make the Heat better. I just ROFL

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

He looked like he was pretending to not understand the Carmelo question when the guy asked him the first time so he could stall and have time to think of an answer without giving away the fact that he knew Carmelo is coming here already.

Also, hilarious interview.

9. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

It looked like the "key components" part is what confused him.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Sounds like the reporter was saying "cara-mallow"....completely butchered his name like 3 times, so yao didnt understand

11. valorita

valorita Member

when the guy fell down, yao quickly said, "you're not going to miss any games are you?" LOL. good to have the guy back.

12. anchel

anchel Member

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=rockets&videoId=teams/rockets/2010/08/24/YaoWorkoutbroll724102Mbcopymov-1399432" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=rockets&videoId=teams/rockets/2010/08/24/YaoWorkoutbroll724102Mbcopymov-1399432" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

13. DANgerous

DANgerous Member

hes lookin good!

14. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

This might have been staged to show either cp3 or melo that Yao is fine and that they should want to come to Houston.

15. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

there goes the chuck hayes jumpshots!

16. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

If only my name were Adam CLAYTON. (Don't worry, people still call me that all the time...since they apparently only made it to a 3rd grade reading level.)

BTW, Yao looked very good IMO...sure, he was rusty and winded as all get out; but he looked sure of himself and didn't lack any contact, courtesy of Chuck Hayes.

Made me feel a lot better about the prospects for this upcoming season. 'Melo would solidify that ;)

2 people like this.
  17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

good pics and thanks for the update

to see him just go out and shoot around is just good to see gives some hope for next season

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

When Yao is done I'd definitely miss YOFs who created a Mao out Yao.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I don't know if the angle can make the right calf look so skinny compared to the left calf. It's about half the size of the other calf. I hope that's not how it looks up close.

[​IMG]

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I can't even tell who a YOF is. Apparently anybody defending him is one........