1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feels like a sports buzz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Valio!, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Valio!

Valio! Member

Houston feels different. With the Texans beating up on Dallas in their new stadium, the Rockets nabbing Yao Ming there seems to be a real positive sports buzz in the air now. This might be the most exciting time to be a Houston sports fan. And if the buzz starts to wane next year, then we have the new basketball area coming in soon after...Perhaps purists will say this is in the wrong forum, but I think the rockets getting Yao is a huge contributor to the buzz. Anyone else feel that crackle in the air?

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It felt good in and comin' outta Reliant last night. Yet Mad Maxx's '3' and the O-land-O sweep left an even better buzz and taste in HoustonSportsTown.

(Last nite reminded me of '97 Rox v Michael -- Hakeem blocked an MJ dunk and the good guys dunked the Jordanaires!!!

3. aznlincolnpark

4. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

I am a Die Hard Rockets fan, i stick with them through thin and through thin So dont get me wrong The Rockets are my FAv team in any sport. I talk about them all the time and go to acouple of their games a year since i live in Brownsville (Tip of Texas) 7 hour drive anyway, the Texans got lucky the boys did suck but cmon If the cowboys play them 9 more times they will win and we all know it

5. Stevie Francis

lmao at purist.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Add the 'stros to the playoffs and Houston is looking like a gold mine at this time. However, 7 games to none would be the only thing I see getting us there.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

oh.....and for the record.......I love the Cowboys and would not care what the Texans do ordinarily, but now it's personal.

8. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

My mother loves them too. Die hard since the 60s. She was soooo dissapointed. I ALMOST began to feel bad as I taunted her last night.

9. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Times are good right now. Astros are playing winning ball but since they don't spend $120 mill on payroll I wouldn't expect them to reach the Series.

Texans beat the Cowboys and I will consider it a wining season if they DEFEAT Tennessee in Dec.

Rockets are looking great at the moment. Hopefully no serious injuries will hurt us this year !

10. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Tis a lovely time in the land of Houstonia. I hope to be there soon, at least temporarily.

If only The 'Stros can work a miracle. That would be the $#!+. :D