1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Carmelo open to multiyear deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coogie3, Aug 18, 2010.

1. leebigez

leebigez Member

Anthony is from baltimore,just saying :grin:

2. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

LOL at your sig.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

This. Havent found a good one out there besides ESPN, Real GM, etc.

4. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Naw, he's from the Red Hooks projects of Brooklyn, New York. He moved to Baltimore when he was 8.

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Melo is actually from Baltimore

6. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

sorry im late but guys seriously. Be real about this. DON"T GET YOUR HOPES UP. Not going to happen.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Whatever they want Morey. If he will sign the extension. More than whatever it takes the Nets have or Knicks. That couldnt be more than a few young guys and one of Brooks or Martin. I dont see how any package and one of those stars would be too much for Carmello

8. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

aelliott,

I agree 100%. The whole leverage issue by using Houston is nonsense. He gains absolutely nothing by naming Houston except actually coming here. That inherently means he IS interested.

The only thing Carmelo gets by naming Houston is: all the previously mentioned in the last post and......

It gives Denver more options for a better deal. I think Carmelo's agent realizes the damage that Lebron did to himself and he is advising Carmelo that is better to leave on the best terms possible (i.e. future marketing/revenue stream)

Okay that said, DD, you and I have know each other....what? 11 years. How is it possible that......

First:

DD,
    68,000+ posts since '99.....get a life.....lol! ;) (I am always going to give you crap about that....)

Second,

DD,
    You have an almost criminal way of stating the obvious.....DUH!!!!....McGrady/Orlando Part II.

Sometimes it is better to just not post!!!!!!!!! :grin:

ROCKET!!!

9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Where is he more likely to remember? What does he claim?

Thats where hes from

10. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

No he isn't actually.

He's from the Red Hook projects in Brooklyn, New York. He moved to Baltimore when he was 8.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

He doesn't claim anything lol. He is NYC born, but still don't think he wants to go to the Knicks.

12. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Anthony was born in the Red Hook projects in Brooklyn, New York City.[2] He was born to a Puerto Rican father and an African American mother. His father, after whom he is named, died of cancer when Anthony was two years old.[3] When Anthony turned eight, his family moved to Baltimore, where he honed not only his athletic skills, but his survival skills

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Im pretty sure he says hes from/claims Baltimore, but the only reason he would want to go to NY is because of the 'Big 3' or His wife.

14. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

Oh,

One other thought on NY.

Anyone think that the whole recent escapade with Isaiah Thomas and Dolan scared the crap out of Carmelo and really showed him that NY is a franchise that just can not win and really has zero future until Dolan Jr. is removed from running the team!

Thoughts?????

ROCKET!!!

15. PTH

PTH Member

I am in favor of this move not because I am enamored with the idea of Melo as a Rocket, but rather because it represents a step in the right direction.

It's no secret that our current roster is crowded with capable players. As such, our trading goals should focus on the consolidation of talent (trading multiple good, albeit under-utilized, players for a single "star" player).

Let's get one thing straight: Melo is undeniably a star in this league. He may not be one of my favorite players, but I respect his game enough to know that he would vastly improve our team.

16. leebigez

leebigez Member

He was in new york from k-3 and in baltimore 4-12, went to oak hill for a yr which is virginia and syracuse for a year. he spent most of his life in b-more. He is from balitmore.

1 person likes this.
  17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Exactly.

18. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Why is this stickied lol? It's pointless when we have no say in it until he decides.

19. MadMax4life

MadMax4life Member

Getting old...

20. BigTex

BigTex Member

carmelo and billups for martin, battier, jeffries, hill, brooks, picks

yao,miller
    scola,hayes,patterson
    melo,cbud,harris
    lee,taylor
    billups,lowry

instant contenders?