1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about login problems (hilton.com)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

As I know that there are many web-savvy people here, I have a question regarding hilton.com. I constantly have the problem that I have to re-enter my login data. I'm not talking about short timeouts which are common on basically any travel website - the user name/password prompt sometimes happens when you have just entered the same data literally seconds before. I'm talking about random occurrences where I do something (like make a reservation), then click on "view all my reservations" and have to enter my password again.

Sometimes, it is really extreme: It could be that I go to www.hhonors.com, enter my details there, and instead of taking me to my account page, it takes me to another page on secure.hilton.com where I am again asked for the same user name and password. When I enter that, the same page appears AGAIN and only after I enter my user name and password again, I get to my account overview page.

Now here is the strange thing: This doesn't happen all the time, but seemingly randomly from time to time.

How is this possible? Could it be that they have different servers and somehow the session ID is not transmitted properly from one to the other? (Keep in mind I am not a technical person).

What is strange to me is the randomness of this occurring, and if someone could give a hint as to what the technical explanation behind it could be, I'd be thankful!

2. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

I could be the developers code for hilton.com or it could be malware/virus etc. When using another computer; does the same thing happen?

3. updawg

updawg Member

post your username/password and I'll take a look at it