1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] BARKLEY RESPONDS TO LeBRON'S TWEET

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 12, 2010.

1. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

It is Wade's team, he started there and he won it all for them.

I bet $100 that Wade would be getting the ball in the clutch as well.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

LeBron joined Wade's team, not the other way around. The Celtics is Pierce's team even when KG was the best player on that team the year they won the championship.

3. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

2006 playoffs Wade was at a level I have yet to see from Lebron. But I still think Lebron is the better overall player. I think for right now its Wades team but anything can happen doing the season.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

In Chuck's defense, he wasn't trying to spit on the little girl. He was trying to spit on a heckler and missed.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

weird thing is when chuck initially stated this, he still said lebron is the best player in the L.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Humor me.

Let's pretend for a moment Bosh took off his skirt and chose Houston instead of trying to w**** his way to a championship.

Are the Rockets Team Yao or Team Bosh?

Judging by some of the responses in this thread, I think most Rockets fans would be absolutely perplexed when trying to answer this question.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

they'll say team yao, when bosh will have a bigger impact on the team. yao has been here longer so he'll have first dibs at it being his team. but eventually as more games are played, it'll be bosh

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Funny. Chuck made almost this exact same quote on the Randy Galloway show on ESPN Radio yesterday afternoon. I thought it was funny as hell.

9. dback816

dback816 Member

Except Chris Bosh isn't on the same level as a healthy Yao. Of course if Yao gets slowed down by injuries again...then sure, it'll be Bosh's team eventually.

No

10. rox81

rox81 Member

No question about that. LeBron is better. That being said, this is still, for the time being, D-Wade's team, simply because he has seniority in Miami.

For the past 2-3 years, the debate has been "LeBron or Kobe?" D-Wade hasn't entered the picture - despite easily being a top-3 to top-4 player in the league.

LeBron had more points, rebounds, and assists per game than D-Wade last year. I would've figured D-Wade could've at least bested him in the assists category, but no, LBJ was just that dominating.

This reminds me a little bit of Jordan in the fall of '95 saying, "This is Scottie Pippen's team now," since MJ had been out of the league for almost two years, and Pippen's name was being bandied about as an MVP candidate. By the springtime, however, no one believed that it was Pippen's show. The idea was laughable.

At the time, you'll remember, a man by the name of Charles Barkley said that there was NO WAY Jordan would return to his former glory. Two years away was too long in the hyper-competitive NBA, said Sir Charles.

In other words - to point out the obvious - Barkley has been WAY WRONG before. And he'll be way wrong again this time, you watch.

(JVG is off the charts in other direction with his prediction of 70+ wins and 33-game winning streaks, but that's another story. The man may be lobbying for a job in Miami in the next 2-3 years. Once his kid graduates from high school next year, he'll leave Houston and return to coaching. Um, this sounds crazy, but that's what his wife told me a few months ago.)

11. ApuN

ApuN Member

Charles being wrong before is an understatement. This is the same guy that picks Utah every year to go to the finals.

And oh yeah...this is the same guy that kissed a donkeys ass because he couldn't believe Yao could score 19 points.

Yep. Charles says a lot of things that turn out to be bullsh** I dont think LeBron is losing any sleep for what this clown thinks.

12. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

to be fair, chuck really has gotten better.

i think that time in the slammer really did him some good..

13. dback816

dback816 Member

I almost forgot about that, good times

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

At first he was like, I'mma join a super team in Miami

and then the other dude was like, wut a loozer, he turrble

and the first dude got mad and was like, i know wut you sed

and now the other dude's like, i aint scurred, you know where i lives

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't bother... Memphis posting=comedy...

16. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

1st Most talented player, and team leader are two different things. You can have all the talent in the world but that doesnt mean you have the mental makeup to be a leader of men. A man who has that personality of a leader is going to lead no matter if he is the best player or not (Battier). Its always great when you get the best of both worlds when the teams most talented player is mentally tough enough and have the characteristics of a leader that make men willing to follow them into battle.

So is The queen a leader or a follower?

Well, to me, moving to Wade County was a clear answer to that! Yes, the local gov had offically made it Wade County.

17. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

wade is better than lebron. its as simple as that. he has always been better

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If the Heat are still Wade's team, even though they won less than 50 games last year, then was Dr. J just a complete idiot for letting Moses Malone take over in Philly one year after he took them to the Finals and 2 years after he won the MVP award. Dumb Doc. :rolleyes:

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Gotta love Barkley...he's 100% right...

20. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Actually, I don't know any fans who think the Celtics are Pierce's team.