1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, my dad bought a new (but used) car still under warranty...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tigermission1, Aug 9, 2010.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

a 2008 Mercedes-Benz E350 to be precise. Beautiful vehicle, low mileage (around 30k), still has roughly 15 months left under warranty.

Now I am trying to figure out some of the essentials of 'need to know' things about servicing this vehicle. I remember reading in past threads some recommendation on servicing BMWs or other German brand vehicles at local shops in Houston which specialize in servicing particular vehicles (I remember this from previous rants about Momentum BMW and how some of their same people work at these diff shops across town, and can do the same factory-recommended work but for a lot cheaper).

That being said, his car is slightly overdue for its 26K recommended service at the dealership, but he called and the dealer quoted him a somewhat ridiculous price (in my own estimation). Would you guys recommend a specific shop around town (Houston area) where I can get him a mirror service done, and have the maintenance reminder thingie reset in the vehicle? Any other tips or neat tricks from Mercedes owners here? I would appreciate any info you can provide, specifically related to how/where my dad can go to get his recommended service done on time and for cheaper, hopefully by people with experience working on MB vehicles and can help with the documentation process as to work done. The key here is keeping the warranty valid by doing warranty-related maintenance, since I hear MB are a pain in the butt about this stuff being done on schedule. I figure if we have everything documented, they can't argue about the vehicle not being properly serviced.

TIA, gentlemen (and ladies)...

2. University Blue

Silvio's in Midtown / Montrose.

3. tigermission1

Thanks for the recommendation. Any way you can elaborate? Prior experience/family friend/acquaintance?

TIA...

4. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

5. tigermission1

:)

Had it been me, perhaps. But I will say this: the MB has a far 'classier' look both inside and out, and a bit more civilized for older-timers like my dad.

That being said, I am partial to BMW myself, but again: different strokes for different folks, and I have no intent of inciting yet another "MB vs. BMW" debate, so let's just stick with service recommendations, por favor ;)

6. University Blue

Satisfied customer. Honest, same day service (generally). Schedule your appointments.

You can ask them for a copy of the manufacturer's maintenance schedule for your car. I believe they can also download, from your car, the maintenance / repair history.

(They only service MB, BMW, Audi, VW cars.)