1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your favorite in-game Rockets memory?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HowsMyDriving, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

When Barkley tackled Shaq to the ground!

2. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

oh man! i remember that. that solidified my respect for his toughness. i know shaq cant fight but fool is huge and barkley took him down like SCK taking down his shorts.

3. Roxs-Redemption

All the games Houston Rockets have won in the history till now...because this is the team that truely represent NBA (imo)

My main ones are:

• Winning Game 6 Against Portland in Round 1 of NBA Playoffs in 2008-2009
      The game that Shane Battier and Aaron Brooks fired up against LA during the playoffs in 2008-2009
      The times we beat Jazz!!!
      The times we won all 22 Games IN A ROW...
      Steps to the 1994&1995 Championships
      13pts in 35secs
      Aaron Brooks this year performance
      Watching the rookies grow up in games we won and lost
      Yao dominating every game..
      Scola 44pts against Nets
      The games that Hakeem Olajuwon blocks

4. Munozadj

Munozadj Contributing Member

To speed it up, click to the 3:35 mark so you can see my favorite moment during the NBA Finals 1995, game three.

:eek:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYI7ol1lx40&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYI7ol1lx40&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

When Rafer Alston bricked a wide open 3, ball hit Bill Worell on the head and dies.

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

...which inevitably led to a classic awkward corny Clyde Drexler comment and i die.

7. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Skip-2-my-lou putting the moves on Sacha vukjake-however you spell his name-cic

Not my number 1, but I don't know if anyone's posted it yet, so putting it out there...

8. disguyman

disguyman Member

Yao's over the shoulder no look passes to a cutting Francis.
    Tmac 13 in 35
    Tmacs dunk over Bradley and JVG looking like nothing happened
    Marios kiss of death
    The Dream Shake on the Admiral
    Novaks 3 to keep the streak alive
    Nochbar CLEAN block on Malone then just walking off.. that was sweet
    Getting Clyde the Glide - phi slama jama baby
    When Clutch City started <- i think this happened after game :)
    When Rudy T said, "Never underestimate the heart of a champion" best quote of all time
    Scola developing the scoop
    Carl Herrera swinging his elbow then bloodying someones head open, that was sick
    Watching Moochie with his afro and his high socks play
    Skip sick move on Sasha

O yeah, and

When yao made the turn around jumper against Portland with seconds left, thought they had won, then portland throws the ball in to Roy and Mcgrady just points at him and Roy makes a wide open three and the Rockets looking disappointed. Farkin A.

9. disguyman

disguyman Member

O yeah, and there was 1 time when Hakeem launched the ball from full court and it went in.. I dont know if anyone even remembers that, but it was the end of regulation.

It was still nice though

10. ezzie

ezzie Member

newbie to rox fandom here, i'veonly just begun watching rox b-ball last season, so i'd hafta say j-hill swatting kendrick perkins then watching the rox hold boston scoreless to end the game in OT after only suiting up 9 guys

11. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

hearing carl herrera's shoulder pop out of socket twice when it echoed back in osteen arena.

12. LeoUnot

LeoUnot Member

My favorite is when we locked up the win against the lakers in 07-08 for our 22nd straight win and Rafer frustrated Vujacic with his crossovers enough for him to intentionally foul at the end of the game.

13. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Good idea for a thread -- the ones I remember are the ones I was in the stadium for.

Novack's game winner during the streak

A regular season game against the 76ers where AI and TMac traded daggers within the final minute - we won on Tracy's 18 footer

The 1st round clincher against Portland. The house was rockin

14. juzi

juzi Member

I think that's something to do with the question who is your favourite player in rox.

15. Ol Bill Worrell

the best, more recent memory is when they stole McGrady from the Magic. I felt so optimistic and excited for the season to begin.

16. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

This is definitely one of my favorites.
    [​IMG]

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/icuT1PJ43nw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/icuT1PJ43nw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

We had a great lineup at the beginning of the 2007-2008 season.

18. dafranchise0309

I have so many memories but I want to share one that I was reminiscing on earlier today. Not sure I could say its my favorite but surely in my top 5.

It was that Moochie Norris buzzer beater he made in one of the seasons he played with the Rox. After he made the game winning shot he took his shirt off and ran off the court. Lol. This one sticks to me for a special reason..

He made that shot when I was in 6th grade and playing in a basketball league for the YMCA. That weekend my team had a game that went down to the wire. It was a tied game with only two seconds left on the clock. Since I was the "go to guy" on my team, everyone was counting on me ;)

Don't remember what exactly my coach was saying during the timeout but since we were all 12 year olds who sucked at basketball, it didn't really matter. Anyways a teammate in bounded the ball from the sideline and I caught it along the baseline. Did a little shake (the shake little kids do every time they play 1 on 1) and shot a 14 footer along the baseline.

The ball circled around the rim a good 3 times before it went it! I was so excited I made the buzzer beater and guess how I celebrated? Took my shirt off and ran out the Dulles High School gym lol.

I had to come back to shake the other teams hand but man I felt like I was the sh%* all thanks to Moochie. Couldn't find the original shot I was referring to but here is another game winner from Mr. Norris

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gz7UMk7vlFw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gz7UMk7vlFw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>