1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Telfair be our 3rd PG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Jul 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. hm70

hm70 Member

No.
    the Rockets do not need him :mad:

2. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

If we got a 3rd pg it will probably be ish smith from our summer league team for a partially guaranteed contract

3. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Sigh. :rolleyes: Because the man is a mother ****er! Literally. And he's insane.

But telfair would be an AWESOME 3rd string pg.. ideal, and we won't have to go into the dleague if Lowrys out. But he prolly wouldn't take a 3rd pg role, as he would barely get any minutes when Lowrys healthy. Nor would Morey sign another pg after paying Lowry that much. We'll probably end up going with Ishmael Smith.

4. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

the title is "Wolves will likely Trade or buy out Telfair, remember he's still under a contract? TE to the Wolves for Telfair works just fine.

i think alot of ppl here expect too much for a 3rd PG. name some PG who's better and cheaper than Telfair that we can aquire as our 3rd PG. :rolleyes:

5. BetterThanEver

Your post specifically mentioned a buyout scenario.

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

You seriously can't want Telfair. I would rather try to get Jason Williams aka white chocolate who also played for Adelman and knows the system if we gonna get a 3rd string pg.

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

hell nah I think we should bring in Ish Smith instead of a bust who hasnt shown anything in the plethera of opportunities hes been given.. the 3rd PG position should be reserved for a PG who has the potential to be special and I think Smith is that player, Ill pass on Starburys lil cousin

8. RedNation

RedNation Member

Jason Williams

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Member

He's still in the league? No way, I'd rather have Alston back if we're gonna carry 3 PGs.

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

If we pick up a 3rd PG, it will be either a young cheap one or an old cheap one, either way. No way do we carry someone that we'd either have to trade to get or pay more then minimum money.

11. BetterThanEver

There's no way Rafer would want to play behind Brooks and Lowry as the 3rd string PG.

Rafer did not show up for the Heat, after he got demoted to the bench. He ran away and texted the Miami Heat. The Heat suspended him.

If he ran away for being demoted to 2nd string pg, what would he want to do with the 3rd string pg spot?

12. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I thought he left the Heat for personal issues...whatever they might be. I'm not sure Rafer would except a third string position either, BUT if he did I would be pretty happy with that. If he knew coming in that he was third string and was willing to come for the vet's min he would be an ideal fit for us. He already knows the players, he already knows the system...he'd be much better than any other third string PG out there. It's not like he has a lot of offers right now, no one is fighting over signing Rafer.

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You guys raise an interesting point. Now that the Miami Heat is loaded with talent, I wonder if Rafer might be more interested in playing with the team next year.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I meant Miami. Lot's of players are all of the sudden showing interest in playing on the Miami Heat. Since Rafer is technically already on the team, at least on paper, all he would need to do is show up and play. If he is interested that is. And if the Heat are still interested in him.

16. Htown's2kFinest

Telfair sucks. Ish Smith is better than him to me. If we're getting another PG to take the last roster spot, Ish would be the guy unless Garrett Temple is on a partially guarantee contract with the Spurs and they like him go. Then Temple would be my 1st choice by far for the 3rd PG spot.

But getting a 3rd PG isn't a big need for the team. We still need a shot-blocker off the bench badly and DJ Mbenga would be a better choice for the last roster spot than a 3rd PG that won't ever see the floor. I think we could get MbangON.

17. Ryan Bowen MVP

I seriously wouldn't watch the Rockets anymore if they signed Telfair. That being said, I don't think they're stupid enough to do that.

18. white lightning

Why bring on a guy with so much baggage who will rarely play? It's not worth the headaches it will cause.

19. RedNation

RedNation Member

Are you kidding? You won't watch the Rox if they sign telfair. Even though he would be sitting on the bench the whole game. You are a commited Rockets fan. :rolleyes:

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats not true. After you hear about all the winning, you'll be back. You would be just a little upset, but would eventually get over it.