1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you hate Tracy Mcgrady?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EffTheJazz!!!, Jul 29, 2010.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

There is a time and a place to announce that a thread is closed or in before the lock. The 5th page is not it. People are definitely still talking about it.

I hope Tracy McGrady never makes it out of the first round.

2. OvenproofBadger

Ur now slating him for wot magazine he reads now...

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Injuries have derailed him.

He talks like an idiot at times.

I still think we should of shut him down during the 2007-2008 season when Yao went down.

That would give him an extra 3 months to rehab his knee...

4. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

I'm just tired of hearing about him.. WE TRADED HIM! :eek: Time to get over it.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You act like Tracy McGrady got elbowed in the eye socket by Bill Cartwright and was forced to be out half a season and then forced to wear goggles.

This guy is glass and no Rocket fan in his right might would argue that "if he wasn't hurt..blah blah" cause when he was healthy we can't even beat the Utah Jazz in our own building game 7.

Do you know what Clutch City was about? it wasn't star plays crying and making excuses or saying "what if I played with Tim Duncan?"

Clutch City was about tough players, regardless of injury. When your superstar dominated when he wasn't able to eat food for religious reasons

Tracy McGrady was never part of Clutch City, he never stood for anything it was about.

6. Stepping Razor

I will put on my flame suit as well. This is my opinion so hate if you must..it won't change. I don't hate T-Mac. I was a huge fan of him while he play here and in Orlando. I surely thought that we'd have a title by now,but obviously injuries derailed him (and Yao). Plus the timing was totally out of whack. T-Mac and Yao were relatively healthy early on but we had sub-par role players. By the time we finally had a solidified line-up around the two "corner stone players" the obviously broken down physically.Anyway, to his credit, even though he was revolving in and out of the line-up he just wanted to play. No one gives any other NBA athelete crap for wanting to grind it out and play. Why is T-Mac's situation so different? I admit he hurt the team but not on purpose, he just thought he was capable of trying to plan through the pain, and work himself into game shape. Don't players normally get props for toughing it out and playing through the pain? Kobe, hate him or love him will never get any heat for playing with a bad finger etc. T-Mac and Kobe are not on the same level now by any means..I am not saying that they are, but in T-Mac's prime, it was a heated debate of who was better. And I highly doubt that a player would knowingly risk the rest of his career to get micro-fracture unless he thought it was the best move for his career. I also doubt someone would take a career threatening surgery like that just to ambush a trade. He surely should have announced it in a professional way, which he didn't. But at the end of the day I am sure he learned from all of those back injuries that lingering injuries simply suck. You take the best route to fix it once and for all, so that the problem won't linger on.Thats the reason I think he did the surgery plan and simple.

And hell at the end of the day he left us with a lot of good moments in his tenure here. I wish him luck and hope that he returns to decent form.

7. chipaku1

chipaku1 Member

TMAC fun to laugh. Like old person fall down stairs. HAHA!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ph5pqWKyv4o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ph5pqWKyv4o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Hey, somebody had to post it.

9. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

LMAO...this was too funny

10. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

cause he never tried he never passed the 1st round of playoffs he is a quiter the team might of won the championship 2 years ago if u replaced tmac 4 another all star he is a loser and never told the media he was goin 2 get surgury

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Seriously. Move on people. The man has taken enough. Lets move onto Lebron and join in with Cleveland fans against the trio. Thats the new craze these days. Tmac is so two years ago. :rolleyes:

12. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i didn't, don't and will not hate him at all. actually i like his talent and skills. unfortunately, his toughness, his attitude, and his big mouth really shot himself down. i feel sorry for him when i read the report about his worked out with bulls and interviewed with media. he is still hiding in his dream. i can't believe what he said even after no team but only two showed interests in him. doesn't he realize his time is gone? he should realize his time was long gone when he decided to do the surgery. his knee problem is not unique. it's very common problem for althlets who jumps up and down very often. alot of them played through the pain and stayed on the court. it was what rox wanted him to do but his toughness wasn't there. he announced the surgery w/o conculting with rox. the surgery is not complicated and it can put your life back to normal but not back to sports. not much successful examples help ppl, at least me, to believe he would be able to play again at the level an athlete still wants to play. i believe rox realized it too. it might be one of reasons rox didn't want him to have the surgery. if he were tough enough, he might be able to get muscle around knee stronger and stronger by playing through the pain, he might be able to stay at a certain playing level to contribute to the team. now it's over. i just feel sorry for him to make a poor decision.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sad thing is, more than most players who have lost much of their athleticism, McGrady is talented enough in other areas to compensate and still be successful. Not a superstar, mind you, but with his court awareness, BB IQ, passing skills, and height, he could be a key bench guy (maybe even a starter) for someone if he'd be willing to modify his game accordingly. The problem is that he still sees himself as that same athletic player he used to be, when it's obvious to the rest of the non-vision-impaired world that he's no longer that guy.

14. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Doods I'm not saying I love the guy, I had problems with him in his last few years too... his attitude, work ethic. Etc.... i made this thread just to see others opinions about him. And the reason its in the garm is cuz the garm description says you can talk about former players.. why do some people have SUCH a big problem with that they can't stand but to click and post on why it should be locked when people are continuously still telling their thoughts. Earlier I said if the Mods wanna lock it please do but they didn't, and people kept posting... damn if you have a problem don't be a b**** about it and just don't post in it, do something else get a life, you know the lusual, it won't kill you! Man, how hard is that to understand.. :confused:

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Tell that to the idiot who made this thread and in GARM no less. :rolleyes:

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

People are coming in and b****ing about this, because this is GARM. T-Mac is not on the Rockets anymore and therefore for news or other info regarding him goes to this nice place one block over called NBA Dish. It is not that hard of a concept to grasp. As for former NBA players, it is really for retired former Rockets players, such as Dream, Clyde, Elie, Horry, and hell, even Chilcutt. Instead of b****ing about people b****ing about you making a thread in the wrong place, why don't you do us all a favor and PM a mod to move it?

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why can't his fans emulate him and just quit?
    tmac fans should just pretend Clutchfans is like Rick Adelman telling them to only play 7 minutes a game or they should just pretend Clutchfans is Jamario Moon.

18. absent2007

absent2007 Member

I don't hate him or love him...

Just another player in Rockets uniform, but not be pround of...

19. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

haha i gave my tracy mcgrady jersey to a 9 year old kid in a garage sale for free

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Thankfully the only jerseys I have ever bought were Olajuwon, Clyde, Maxwell, and Landry, all of them being players that I respected and admired. I also have a non-authentic jersey of Yao given to me by my gf, but I don't really count that one.

2 people like this.