1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

what would be the biggest upgrade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Jul 29, 2010.

?

what would be the biggest upgrade?

1. Brooks to CP3

156 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Martin to Granger

14 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Ariza to Igudala

128 vote(s)
    40.3%
  4. Scola to Bosh

20 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

among those rumored/wanted star players, who would have been the biggest upgrade over our current starters?

Brooks to CP3
    Martin to Granger
    Ariza to Igudala
    Scola to Bosh

not asking which star player is the best or most wanted, but who would be biggest upgrade of our current starter.

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

martin is better than granger lol

but by the the best upgrade would be ANYONE ON THE ROSTER FOR CP3.

or ideally brian cook for lebron james sign and trade :p

3. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

I love watching AB, but CP3 would've been the biggest of those listed.

4. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

don't you think Granger is like Martin with decent defense?

5. RocketEG6

RocketEG6 Member

Martin SG
    Granger SF

Iguaodala overpaid

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The obvious answer to this question is AB to CP3.

I love AB, the guy just knows how to put the ball in the hoop... but while AB can produce for himself, CP3 produces for everyone. He makes the passes that leads to much easier buckets. He creates for himself, demands attention from the defense, and then dishes it to his open teammates. And his defense is some of the best in the league from a PG standpoint.

Granger, while a better defender than Martin, is less efficient on offense. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to get the guy. I'm sure his efficiency would rise if he came to Houston, but from a player-comparison standpoint, it's really not THAT big of an upgrade.

Iguodala might be better than Ariza, but they are completely different types of players, so it's hard to compare the two.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If you would have made it Ariza to Granger, though... that would have been much, much tougher.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

Ariza to Granger. Or Ariza to Anthony Randolph, so long as Battier's still here to mentor the young man.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Sure, Granger is better than Martin at defense, but he is not as good a scorer and he is not as good at one fundamental aspect of their game: drawing fouls and converting those easy points

10. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Granger averged 25pt. the past 2 seasons

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Who else was on that team that could score 10 points a game consistently?

Martin, while having to refer to Tyreke Evans and his extreme ball dominating tendencies, still nearly lead the league in scoring before going down with a freak injury.

Martin is a .600 tsp scorer while Granger is not anywhere near that

12. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

seems like everyone here's high on Martin. Martin to Melo might be a better comparison to the others. :p

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Granger in our system would basically be Peja. Better defense, slightly worse shot.

Iguodala, while a huge upgrade over Ariza, would have some problems given his lack of size at the 3 and his poor long-range shooting, which is pretty important in Adelman's offense.

I'd pick Brooks to CP3.

14. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

I picked Scola to Bosh...

but where was Brooks to Rubio!!!!!

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Granger.

But CP3 needs to pipe down and get traded out east on management's terms.

I don't want to see him in a Rockets uniform. I'll take Brooks.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trevor to Iggy.....it would be an upgrade of massive proportions, the others are upgrades, but not taking a position that is average and making it really good.

DD

17. Htown's2kFinest

CP3 to Brooks slightly over Ariza to Iggy. I only say that if we keep Ariza to play alongside CP3 and Yao. That would take his game up a level playing next to Ming drawing double teams and CP3 finding him for open 3s and cuts to the rim. He's shown he plays good off others(e.g. when Martin came here & his time with the Lakers).

Cp3 + Ariza >> AB + Iggy

and Scola to Bosh didn't and won't happen so why is that even an poll option?

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Massive proportions? I don't think so. Ariza fits this team perfectly with the addition of Martin. I don't know if anyone noticed, but Ariza's scoring and shooting percentage went up after Martin came. It would be an upgrade, but almost lateral. Personally, i think Ariza will become a fan favorite this season. Also, i know you don't like JT, but i have a feeling that you will this season. Except for his passing(which i feel he will improve as he plays), he is almost the mirror image of a poor mans D Wade. ;)

19. sbyang

sbyang Member

Looking at the poll results, I'm very surprised that people think so highly of Igoudala. He is a shooting guard that can't shoot, we don't know if he can pass, and he makes twice what Ariza makes.

20. nebula955

nebula955 Member

what happened to the ariza to granger option? :)