1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN pulls LeBron article...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sew, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Yeah but as much as I hate the guy, LeBron will go down as one of the all time greats and a future 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Read the article and I didn't think it was bad at all.

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Ya, I can now see why they took it down. One of the most pointless articles I've ever seen. So Lebron James goes to Las Vegas and does the most dispicable thing ever........HE PARTIED!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ****?!? IN VEGAS?!?! WHAT A D-BAG!

:rolleyes:

4. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I was gonna say that it's not unlike Tmac's ongoing self-referential narrative of imposing his will on whatever situation crosses his path, be it imposing his will on a playoff game in vain or imposing himself into the Bulls starting lineup or imposing his will on a hotdog with mustard. The thing these fools don't get is that how ever much imposing they want to do, they can't impose their will on our image of them--no matter how much they want to will others to buy into their own delicate, insecure, self-aggrandizing and deluded self-image. Give me Battier, Scola, Landry, or Yao any day (and hopefully Durant) over t-mac or lebron.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol every thread turns into something about T-mac.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

More like, this year's free agency has turned sports media into gossiping tabloids and NBA stars into drama queens... as if both of these groups had not been like that enough.

Fans have always been b****y. If you don't like it, don't come to a fan site.

7. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Of course he's a child. He's 25, his entire life has been basketball, and he has been fawned over the entire time. In his celebrity world, he's taught that this is how he's supposed to act (thank Jay-Z).

8. Raven

Raven Member

ESPN = Fox News

9. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

All media these days are completely subservient to their overlords; Fox News is just most blatant of them.

10. worzel gummidge

In other LeBron related news

http://twitter.com/SamAmicoNBA/status/19764725479

11. sew

sew Member

Again, it's not the article.

It's the fact that ESPN took the article down an hour after they posted it.

ESPN could very well have taken it down if, in fact, the draft was somehow posted on their server before going through the editorial process, but it's just as likely LeBron's camp requested ESPN to do so.

12. ApuN

ApuN Member

Who cares???

Should they post an article whenever the guy takes a dump??

It has nothing to do with basketball

13. sew

sew Member

You're probably right, it's the offseason and people are bored. (including myself)

but, I still think it's a douche move if Bron's camp did tell ESPN to take the article down.

14. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Same thing I was thinking when I read that line. He is a 25-year old with 100s of millions of dollars. I'd be doing the exact same thing if I was in his position. I think people forget how young he actually is since he has been in the league for 7 years and has the face of a 40-year old.

I just read the whole article and I'm trying to figure out how it paints him in a negative light. Young, rich basketball star parties in Vegas. Ok...? No surprise there.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Do professional athletes throw parties like that for themselves all the time? No wonder so many of them go broke.

16. chipaku1

chipaku1 Member

Then missing person afterward. Life is circle like yingyang.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Let's not hold a double standard here just because it's Lebron. ESPN hosts plenty of "day in the life" articles on sports stars. I agree it isn't sports news per se, but the lives of sports personalities is part of their network coverage. If it weren't, I probably would have never known that Dr. J knocked up a female locker room reporter and had an illegitimate daughter that he only just recently met for the first time.

You might not care about those types of articles, but don't act like it doesn't belong on ESPN because clearly that has been part of their coverage for a while now.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

At 25 years old people said the same about Tmac...hell the Lakers nearly traded Kobe for him. I'm not saying Lebron is going to fall that hard, but a career is a very hard thing to predict.

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

LeBron has led his team to the Finals when he was 22, T-Mac has not even been past the 1st round and he's 30 now.

20. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

big deal. he partied and the gossip article was accidentally posted then pulled. i dont like the guy but not for partying with his millions. good read though. thanks. it IS like an episode out of Entourage. lol