1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you prefer to add to our team? Paul or Rubio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Jul 26, 2010.

?

Which player would you prefer to trade for, Paul or Rubio?

1. Chris Paul

269 vote(s)
    66.6%
  2. Ricky Rubio

135 vote(s)
    33.4%
  1. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

194 of you voted for Rubio.....my guess is that maybe 3 of you have actually seen him play in a game (and that estimate is probably high) :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You do know he played in the last olympics right? A lot of folks have seen him play. I've seen him play about 10 times last season on his way to a championship.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

he averaged 4.8 ppg, 4 reb per game and 3 assists in the olympics....what part of his olympic performance "wowed" you so much that you think he is better than Chris Paul?

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

such a stupid poll. Of course it Rubio...I mean, have you seen all his behind the back and no-look passes?

I would also take The Professor because of his sick ball handling skillz

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

I don't really think too many of us think he is better than Chris Paul, especially right now. That's not really the question.

6. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

In my opinion both of these point guards easily put us in a position to contend for title.

Rubio is younger and is on the rise. In contrast, Paul is starting to decline a little bit. Although CP3's numbers destroy Rubio's numbers, Rubio's size makes him more appealing to me. He can match up against the bigger guards in the West such as Williams and Westbrook which most guards have trouble doing. Paul gets more steals, but Rubio IMO has the overall better defense.

Also, we could acquire Rubio for much less than getting Paul. It doesn't make sense to get Paul if we are going to give up a couple rotation players.

Plus Rubio is a boss....
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/12FOZsjWxwk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/12FOZsjWxwk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

on the decline? how do you figure? I know his stats are a bit down from his previous 2 seasons?

injury and a crap team around him could have a lot to do with that.

8. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

lol this. I cant see how this is even comparable. Top 5 player in the league IMO who just turned 25 and is about to enter the prime of his career vs. a kid who has never played an NBA game in his life. You should have waited 3 year from now to make this thread.

9. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

Yea your right. I was just trying to prove that Rubio is younger and therefore has more time to improve...while Paul's years are somewhat limited.

10. rox2010

rox2010 Member

i picked rubio. i think he'll never be as good as paul but will fit better into rick's motion. we'll give up less to get him, he'll be cheaper and won't command the ball as much as paul needs to. i would rather have guys run off screens to get the open shots versus completely relying on one guy to set everything up

11. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Rubio isn't even considered a good player in the Euroleague. Him over Paul? Seriously, I hope this a joke.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Even as a big Rubio fan, this is a no-brainer; you take Chris Paul.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I like the sentiment but given how Rubio has handled himself so far I have no reason to believe he isn't a spoiled brat.

14. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

I wouldn't call it a "no-brainer". Obviously Paul is the better and more proven player. But who would be a better fit for the Houston Rockets?? Rubio would fit perfectly into the system, while Paul would screw it up because the ball always has to be in his hands.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So I guess Scola was a brat too since he didn't want to come over to sit on the Spurs bench for a couple of years?

Rubio did what was best for him. It's not like he asked for a trade? He just decided to stay at home for a while.

16. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

agree w above post....its not Rubio's fault that Minny drafted him

17. Ashes

Ashes Member

I'd take the established NBA all-star that has shown to be one of the best PGs in the game.

18. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

Rubio is way overrated and I wouldn't want a man who wants trade whenever they lose. I would take Teodosic though...

1 person likes this.
  19. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

I think that this question really depends on if you plan on keeping Brooks or Lowry for the long run. Brooks would fit nicely at the 2 alongside Rubio and Rubio could use his height to guard the 2 on defense. Paul is a much better and proven player, but I don't think we should write off Brooks just yet. Brooks is a pure scorer so I would like to see the combination of Brooks with Rubio plus the 2 of them together would be cheaper than Paul by himself. So I believe it is more prudent to spend less for 2 assests instead of 1 exspensive assest.

20. egr281

egr281 Member

neither cp3 overrated and rubio hasnt shown anything in the nba